“Great spot for drinks with the girls”
Review of Moonstones

Moonstones
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonstones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Description: General info: *Enjoy life one bite at a time at our globally inspired urban bistro in charming Chelmsford. *Come to celebrate or just to chill *open 7 days a week *"Sophisticated" Sunday brunch touted by Boston Globe Magazine Private Dining Book your next Shower, Wedding or Mitzvah, and have the moon all to yourselves, any Sunday from noon to 4PM. Moonstones celebrates global bonds-the moon, the sea, a love of food, wine, and revelry. We welcome you to enjoy beautiful design, local seafood and raw bar, globally inspired tapas and a carefully selected and wildly creative cocktail menu, beer and wine list. Moonstones promotes a fun, social, affordable atmosphere for those who seek a more diverse and dynamic dining option without the risk, cost and difficulty of distance or travel.
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I met up with a friend for drinks on a Thursday night. The place was hopping! We later found out that they were hosting a wine dinner that seemed to be very well attended.

We enjoyed cocktails and a cheese plate. The cheese plate included 5 different New England cheeses. 4 of the 5 were great but the last one was pretty strange even for we foodies. This came with fruit compote, candied pecans and figs that really paired well with each cheese. It was plenty for two.

The atmosphere was comfortable and a little upscale. Definitely a good restaurant for grown ups.

splath, Owner at Moonstones, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Agreed thank you so much Leslie! Hope you can join us again soon- perhaps for a moonstones special event. Cheers!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

It's like traveling back to the seventies - Wonderfull atmosphere and great food. The food and drinks are a strange mix from all over the world but everything is very tasty.

Wonderful thank you so much Uffe! So glad you love the Stones as much as we do :)

Cheers!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Went for lunch a few weeks ago to meet a friend and catch up. Lunchtime atmosphere is very business-lunch style, not a problem, but not really relaxing. Probably has a nicer feel in the evening. The food was good - Poke bowl and BLT both up to snuff, and worth a repeat visit. A few things a bit off, though. When we walked in, there was no one at the hostess pedestal, so we strolled toward the bar area where we saw people eating. A man ran after us, yelling for us to stop. He insisted that we come back to where he was so he could escort us to the same place we were walking to. ?!?!? Ok, no big deal, but something in customer interaction has broken down somewhere. I ordered _A_ glass of HOUSE WHITE WINE with my lunch that turned out to be $19 on our bill. I actually went up to the bar tender to ask him if this was correct...he said "I gave you the cheapest one". Really? I perused their menu online before going and a glass of house wine on that menu is $6. What is up with this place? I travel for business quite a bit, and have never been slipped a price like that for a glass of house wine. As I say, the food was good, but something was off in my experience. My friend who joined me for that lunch keeps teasing me about the $19 glass of wine that was more than the price of our lunches. Perhaps if the gentleman yelling at us when we walked in the door had given us the menu that would warned us of the mighty cost of a glass of wine, I would have been prepared. Perhaps I will be back, but I'm in no rush.

splath, Owner at Moonstones, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Good afternoon Susan,

Thanks so much for choosing moonstones for lunch this summer, and thank you for informing us of your experience.

We appreciate your kind words about the menu (the Poke Bowl and BLT are two of our summertime favorites), though we are truly sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations regarding the service. We appreciate knowing when things are not to expectations--as much as we hate to hear bad news.

We met as a team to discuss your feedback and can assure you that all procedures have been inspected. Changes are certainly in the works. However, please help us figure out the errant charge for the wine.  Was it a quartino perhaps?  Our wines range from $8-14, and we’d really like to figure out where we went wrong here. We are generally much better than that. Please see the menu here: http://moonstones110.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MOONSTONES-BEV.pdf

We would truly appreciate your sense of fairness and willingness to give us another shot at greatness (something we always strive for ever since we opened). We hope that next time we will earn 5 stars and you will share it liberally as well, as this is the type of review we seek from our guests and one that makes both me and our extremely hard-working staff proud. Please say hello when you are in and feel free to email me directly again and at any time: splath@moonstones110.com.

Scott D Plath
Founder Stones Hospitality Group

Reviewed August 28, 2018

One of New England's finest!Great menu! Superb service! And an A+ collection of ffine dishes.. The chef s create servings that not oly look exceptional but also taste superbly. Dishes run from traditional; favorites to new variations of traditional entrees. Try one and you'll want to try another soon!

splath, Owner at Moonstones, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your kindness and for "sharing the love" on social media, it surely helps our team, Charles! We will be sure to share with our dedicated staff. Come visit again soon- Cheers!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Moonstones was amazing from the start.

Having food allergies it is difficult to find a good place to eat. The staff at Moonstone exceeded all my expectations.
I spoke with Justin; he let me know right away there were multiple options I would be able eat. He prepared a list of foods to choose from.
Our server Gilda checked in with Justin and I was given a menu I could choose from. We ordered small plates and with each order the food was checked and rechecked to make sure it was free of everything I am allergic to, they took no chances. Each item tried was enjoyed.
Gilda was wonderful, she was polite, attentive, and caring.
The bartender Jeff also checked my order and made my drink choice differently just to make sure it was safe.
I want to thank Justin, Gilda, Jeff, and the kitchen staff (whose names I did not get) for great food and drinks, the atmosphere, and their care.
This was a wonderful experience. Thank you.

splath, Owner at Moonstones, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

This warms our heart thank you so much vickijim! It sounds like your dining experience perfectly exemplified our mission: "Good people devoted to exceptional hospitality and a progressive culinary focus through universal commitment to each other, the craft, our community and guests."
We will be sure to share with our dedicated team, especially Gilda and Justin.
Cheers! :)