New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Chicopee
Cheltenham, UK
“Sad, alarming stay.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here during summer 2011. Have delayed writing a review, as I have been confused about this hotel from the moment I stepped foot through the door.
The check-in was good and the receptionst friendly. Plenyt of parking and easy access to our room.
I have never stayed at a Days Inn before, so not sure what I was going to encounter.
The air conditioner in our room was loud, smelly and dirty. The carpet was greasy. The double bed was 2 singles pushed together. The dresser was broken and the curtains didn't close properly.
Had we not just driven 6 hours from the Catskills, on route to CapeCod, we would have definately moved hotels. But we were tired, hot and hungry.
Had dinner in the bar next door, which although a bit rowdy and loud, the food was suprisingly good.
Breakfast the next morning... This is the bit which upset me most.
I had my breakfast with my 2 young daughters, next to a table on which an older man was grillling 3 teenage boys as to why they should join the military. He was obviously on some recruitment drive and these 3 boys looked bewildered and lost.
Apart from listening to 30 minutes of jingoistic claptrap, I was more than shocked that this "gentleman" was allowed to do this on Days Inn property.
Whatever your views about the military campaigns that USA are undertaking, I did not expect this at breakfast in a hotel, even in a military town. I would have expected this man to be escorted off the premises. He was not.
This hotel needs a massive amount of work, renovation and care.
I don't know what other Days Inns are like, I would never risk finding out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CheltenhamCheltenham
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. All our rooms are inspected and maintained on a daily basis so I'm surprised you found the room in such disarray. I apologize for your breakfast experience but as you know this is a free country and we cannot control what our guests say--we have a lot of military business due to Westover Reserve Air Base. We are constantly upgrading the property so we hope you give us another opportunity next time you are in the area.

BK Investments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodstock, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I don't recall staying in a days inn before but I do not think I will come back. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Check-in was a breeze. Hotel though is a bit run down & dated. Room was spacious and clean but again very aged and inferior to other hotels. Very quiet but since it is right off the highway, do not book if you can't tolerate the noise of cars and trucks whizzing by. Hotel was not busy. Hallways smelled of cleaning chemicals. Breakfast selection was more than expected but not impressive. Bagels were hard, waffle maker was broken, coffee was dark water. There were several interesting characters roaming around which became clear that they lived there since they spoke to the front desk person on a first name basis. However, it seemed that they had rooms in a different wing of hotel. I may be thought of as being snobbish but this place depressed me over all and I do not see myself staying at a welfare hotel again when I can afford better. However, I do not blame the hotel since I was being cheap and economizing.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mlomagno
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on TA. The hotel was bought in 2007 and it was in really bad shape. We have put in almost $2 million dollars in renovations and we continue to upgrade the hotel. The people you are referring to have been displaced due to the tornadoe we experienced earlier this year--their homes were destroyed and they are staying with us until they have a new place they can call home. I'm sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us, I hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Derby, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

My mom (of senior citizen age) and I booked a 2 night stay and traveled with my 2 young children. I have to say, I was concerned at first (bar on premisis, pet-friendly = barking at night, etc). I was pleasantly surprised. Our collective experience was a very good one.I have no complaints. It was super quiet, the front desk was friendly and accommodating, I enjoyed the fitness area and my children had a blast in the game room. The brightest spot of it all was the food and beverage employee, Pat, who greeted us each morning like she was hosting her own Bed and Breakfast. She was warm, gracious and went out of her way to make sure the kids and I had everything we needed and was accommodating when I needed to bring breakfast items upstairs to my mom who could not make it down due to illness. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive review on TA. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

After weeks of planning, the reservations were not correct.Checked out after the first night due to major disturbances in the room next door, followed by distrubances in the hallway. Upon calling the front desk to voice concerns that evening and the following morning, managment seemed to just take it in stride like it was a everyday occurance. Room was free for the night, but that is not customer service. Staff needs C.S. training???

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on TA. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The GM acknolwedged your frustrations the following morning, apologized, and refunded all your money. We cannot control the actions of all our guests--we hope you give us another opportunity to service your lodging needs.

BK Investments

Travellers are raving about these Chicopee hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel is obviously aging. Much of the decor and some appliances are dated. Other than the condition of the building my complaints are minor (no fridge/micro, no quarters for laundry, sink not actually in bathroom, a few particularly offensive guests).

Staff was friendly enough, breakfast was acceptable (and available early), and it really is close to everything.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. This property was purchased in 2007 and we continue to upgrade the property--a brand new $20,000 property management system was recently installed. Also, Elan's Lounge has been completely renovated and is now open to the public. We hope you give us another opportunity next time you are in the area!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My first night at Days Inn in Chicopee, MA as soon as we walk into the lobby of the hotel we new we going to very disappointed with our stay there. The place look like rundown motel the place had no bride in there business. They gave us a room #125. The size of this room was 10 X 10 dirty, filthy with a bad odor. The bed was a smaller that a full size it looked like they found the mattress in a dumpster; it was a nightmare. We asked the front desk to give us other room but they said that they didn't have any vacancy in the hotel due to a event in town called The Big E. Thank God, in the car we had a thick covering that is used to move furniture we went out to get it and we laid on the bed so that try to get so rest but that was impossible. The next day at 11:20 am they gave us a bigger room with a king size bed but all in the same dirty condition there was hairs in the bathtub the sink was dirty. So we called some friends to help us out and they were able to get us a room at The Sheraton Hotel in Springfield MA. So we were supposed to stay at the Days INN for 2 night we could do it for other 5 minutes so we packed and left. We new that we had lost $172.97 and no refund was going to be given to us. This Days INN shouldn't even have half of star or worth $20.00 per night. I have always used hotwire and this was my first bad experience and because of it I will never use Hotwire.com again I will be to scared to experience this again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Dear Guest,

People who book via a third party channel like hotwire.com tend not to be happy with their accomodations even though they pay a lower price and here's why: those rates are the lowest because the room type is usually the cheapest room the hotel has available. Unfortunately, we did not have a different room to accomodate you in due to the fact we were sold out and other people had paid much more than you did. Our lobby is completely remodeled and is better than most hotel lobbys. We have a lot of pride in our hotel--it was recently purchased and renovations continue. I'm sorry you were dissappointed in your stay with us. Please book at daysinn.com in the future to guarantee the best room type.

Belleville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I'd suggest you bypass this hotel. We booked this hotel to be close to the Brimfield Antique show as a Wyndham club member. The front staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast area clean. They switched our room at our request to be closer to our car and the room was relatively clean however some of the upgrades (eg granite countertop around bathroom sink) were in contrast to other room quality (the walls surrounding the bathroom sink were badly in need of replacement). As well the TV was about 20 years old. There was no fridge, no microwave and not even a luggage rack (we had to use the ironing board to place our suitcase). There was a continual drip in the bathtub area from above and we had to close the bathroom door to avoid the sound. And it appeared that the hotel was home to people other than
motel guests (mothers and children) which made it quite noisy with children running up and down the halls and a different environment than that of transient guests. Had we known all this, we would have spent more money on accommodations for a better quality room elsewhere with more amenities in the surrounding area..

Room Tip: ask where the pet friendly rooms are and avoid them...ask to be in a quiet area away from children r...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We continue to upgrade the hotel as our budget allows. I'm sorry you did not have a positive room experience--we are upgrading rooms in clusters so you may have been in a room that has not been upgraded. I'm happy that you found our staff helpful and friendly and our renovated breakfast area clean. We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations next time you and your family are in Chicopee!

BK Inbvestments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicopee
0.4 km away
7.4 km away
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
7.0 km away
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee MA? Share your experiences!