“Fairy Tale Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cummaquid
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I just had my fairy tale wedding at Harbor Point Restaurant a few weeks ago! I had the best experience so I wanted to share it. I visited Harbor Point back in October 2015 and I booked the venue on the spot! What sold me? The fact that I would have the entire restaurant all to myself and my guests on the day of my wedding and the fact that I wanted a beach wedding and there was a private residential beach down the street from Harbor Point where I could hold my ceremony free of charge (no permit necessary). The affordability of the venue was also a HUGE seller - if you have done your research for weddings on Cape Cod, most venues are ridiculously expensive so if you are paying for your wedding yourself like I was, then Harbor Point is extremely reasonable! And I must say - the food was great! Rachel, the event coordinator, allows her customers to have a "free tasting" before placing the food order. My husband is a very picky eater and Rachel was more than accommodating on changing a fancy chicken dish to plain Chicken Parmesan. Leading up to the wedding, there were several times I had specific questions and Rachel gave me 2 different email accounts along with 2 different phone numbers to reach her. One thing that I really appreciated about Rachel throughout the whole wedding planning process, is her flexibility and her willingness to accommodate my wishes, along with her professionalism whenever I voiced a concern. The day before my wedding, Rachel allowed my bridal party to drop off some decorations/supplies at the restaurant and stored them for me in a locked room. She also allowed my bridal party to start setting up/decorating early in the morning when my ceremony did not begin until 5pm. I also loved that I had two private rooms for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in – we did hair and make-up on-site. The day of my wedding was perfect – everything went so smoothly! The staff was fantastic at responding to my needs and they all worked extremely hard to get the food out on time; the bar was also fully stocked with specific liquors that I had requested. Rachel even allowed some of my guests to stay “after hours” since we were having such a good time. The one minor complaint that I do have is that the restaurant became rather hot during the reception – the AC was running but once it was full of people and they starting dancing, the room did not seem to cool off quickly enough. However, overall, I would absolutely recommend Harbor Point to others – my guests kept asking me where I found “this gem”.

3  Thank Robin H

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I hadn't been to this restaurant but I was quite disappointed. The food was only so so, the help was pretty inadequate and all on all not a great experience

5  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Found Harbor Point by chance. Sign really does need to be larger.. Thought it was closed ,but took a chance and went in. We were the only ones there and was thrilled to find out it was open. One reviewer said it looks like its from another era. Soo what ?? It is very clean !!! , and has a great old fashion ambience. The four of us all had a wonderful lunch.. The app platter w/ stuffed mushrooms and scallops wrapped in bacon, and calamari was wonderful. Soco cocktails fantastic...Our waitress Peyton was a joy. Beautiful smile, pleasant , just a great server. Our only complaints was that the chowder could have used more stock, and the onion soup was delicious ,but very salty. All in all we were very pleased. We all agreed we would go back again and did recommend it to some family members who drive the 1 1/2 hrs. every once in awhile to go to Cape Cod.

4  Thank BLUEEYES194360
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We followed a sign to the Harbor Point Restaurant from 6A and had a so-so lunch there -- nothing fancy, and not the greatest service, but basically okay.

The building seemed to be from a very different era. The interior looked like it hadn't been modernized in many years, and there were only two or three tables of guests there during our lunch visit. It almost felt like a mostly empty function hall from decades ago.

Unfortunately, sound carried from the nearby tables fairly easily. So, we switched over towards the left hand side of the room, which had a long-distance view of Barrier Point Lighthouse across the channel on Sandy Neck.

Our meals were simple grilled cod sandwiches with cole slaw and potato salad. The fish was surprisingly good and tasty; the accompaniments were okay but nothing special.

Service was surprisingly slow during our visit. Also, our waitress disappeared for a while, and she seemed to serve other guests who arrived after us before she served us.

Considering we weren't expecting much, we weren't exactly disappointed with our experience. But if we were back in the area, we'd probably seek out other dining options.

2  Thank DGandSAG
Reviewed 9 July 2015

It was Friday, July 3, and we were headed to a show at the Cape Playhouse so we needed a place where we could get a reservation and not too far from Dennis so my wife had seen a sign for Harbor Point and driven by. I called the day before and was able to make a reservation by the window which we knew was looking at the Sandy Neck lighthouse. When we arrived, it is kind of off the main road (route 6A) and you have to believe you're going to end up somewhere. There were three cars in the parking lot (counting us) and when we came in we were the only customers. I have to admit that when that happens it always feels just a little bit weird - you worry about why that is and how do they stay open and feel bad. Anyway I'm glad to report that the site and the view was spectacular and the food, while not cutting edge, was delicious. We started with stuffed mushrooms (not soggy as so often happens and a very good seafood stuffing) and scallops in bacon which were great. One of us loved their chicken parmesan (not a scrap left), another was very pleased with the seared yellowfin tuna, and I really enjoyed the carpetbagger (steak and lobster - small). The bearnaise sauce was one of the best I've had anywhere in the world! The service was attentive, the food delicious, and the view wonderful. We'll be back again. Maybe more advertising would bring crowds. but worth the visit!

2  Thank Rtedes

Been to Harbor Point? Share your experiences!