“Food is great, ice cream is delicious, the candy is amazing, and the service is top notch!”

Putnam Pantry Candies, Ice Cream & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Danvers
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: We are known for our Original Ice Cream Smorgasbord and handmade Confections. We now have a Cafe serving Baked Goods, Sandwiches, soups, salads, Espresso Drinks, Coffee and Teas.
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Putnam Pantry is very close to my office, and I am there twice a month. I first tried it because I saw the sign that said sandwiches. So very glad I did. The people there are amazingly friendly and helpful. I love the tuna salad sandwich, but the Mayflower is a special treat. Thanksgiving dinner on Sourdough bread. Putnam Pantry has a "penny candy" shop for those of us who remember penny candy. Red Hots, BB Bats, Neapolitan Coconut candy bars. Very nostalgic. A MUST TRY when you are in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank BizTraveller48180

Reviewed May 30, 2018

The smorgasbord is the best! My daughter and I LOVE penuche. we get the ice cream and fill the cup with penuche, whipped cream, a little cherry caramel, a little soft marshmallow crème and butter crunch and eat until we cannot eat any more and take the rest home for another day. The rest of the family make different sundaes. It is SO good, we truly enjoy our semi-annual visits. I have been going there for over 60 years, when they had two stores across the street from each other at Rte 1 and 62. Always a treat, never disappointed. Great place for a celebration. YUMMY!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed March 27, 2018

The folks there were friendly and the ice cream was great. The tables and floor were sticky, and most tables were not cleared. It's the only reason this review is a 3 star.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank RobBoston80
Reviewed December 30, 2017

I hadn't been here since I went on a field trip in elementary school and I am now in my 50s. It got good reviews so we decided to stop. How bad can ice cream be? I found the place to be a little run down but overall the experience was good. We had a sundae and I had gotten a coupon on their website for $1 off a sundae. I also bought a next year stocking stuffer in the candy shop. All of their Christmas things were 25% off and I found a little something that wasn't candy to buy. Glad we stopped.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We all loved Putnam's as a kid but then it seemed to go a bit downhill for a while. Not any more! It has been remodeled and now includes a breakfast and lunch cafe. Great comfort sandwiches from hearty grilled cheese to turkey with stuffing, cranberry, and melted cheese. The homemade candy and ice cream are great, too! Adorable seating inside and out. Love the wishing well outside in memory of Danvers teacher Colleen Ritter, too. And don't forget the make your own sundaes with lots of toppings. Immaculate now. Give it a try!! And bring the kids. You'll be glad you did!

Date of visit: September 2017