All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite front desk make a u turn dollar tree pull out couch would stay here again dance competition small kitchen very nice place to stay breakfast selection sink area business park family event the staff was friendly and helpful clean bathroom both mornings
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Stayed at this hotel for a few days while in town for a family event in December. The hotel itself is located very conveniently to major roadways, but getting to the hotel is anything but convenient. It is located in between RT. 114 and RT. 1, both roads are not the most driver friendly roads to navigate, especially when trying to find the turnoffs for the side road the hotel is located off of.

While I did not have many interactions with the staff, when I did, they were friendly enough, but lacked the hospitable attitude, and almost seemed like they were there because it was their job to be, and not because they wanted to be.

The breakfast selection and breakfast area were both very underwhelming. Both Mornings I went the selection was poor, there was no employee to greet guests or ensure that the area was clean and stocked, and the room itself was small and uninviting. I just took juice and went to breakfast outside the hotel.

The room, however, was very cozy, clean and inviting. Housekeeping did a great job every day that they serviced by room. The only annoying thing was that the fitted sheet did not fit tightly to the mattress and would always pop off whenever i shifted.

Overall, this hotel served its purpose for the reason for my visit. Housekeeping staff performed their jobs well by ensuring the room was inviting each day, but the breakfast fell a bit short of what I expected, and the front desk didn't exactly "wow" me. Having said that, I would recommend this hotel and would consider it again if back in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hospitalitykid1
Ashlie B, Operations Supervisor at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that some of our team members were not as attentive and welcoming as they could have been. We typically hear great things about our staff so we will be reviewing all the comments you have shared with our team to ensure we are providing the highest quality of service moving forward. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

The suite was very clean,the front desk personal and staff were very friendly and helpful.it was the perfect location to drive in to boston ,i can't wait for our next trip to boston will definitely be staying here

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We stayed here in a 2 bedroom suite- room 202 this past Fri-Sun
The room itself was ok except for a horrible smell
The pull out couch was not usable because it was not even a mattress - a piece of cardboard would have been better. i understand it is a pull out but this was unreal. When we opened it the used linen was left on it also! Disgusting.
The laundry room must have been right next to us because I listened to a washer banging around until 2am. No sleep there
We asked for an additional blanket- so the 4th person could sleep on the floor since the sofa bed wasn't usable and they had none
will never stay at this place again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ashlie B, Operations Supervisor at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do take all feed back very seriously and we will be reviewing all the comments you have shared with our team. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We like to stay in Marriott's if we can, the town place suites in this location was very nice, clean and quiet. A few critiques are It is in a business park, kind of hard to find. The front desk staff was not as attentive as they could have been.
We would stay there again if we were traveling through.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashlie B, Operations Supervisor at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We know that we can be challenging to get to but we feel it is well worth the quiet area we are tucked away in. I do apologize that the front desk was not as attentive as they should have been. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can improve our service. We hope you will stay with us next time your travels bring you to Danvers.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Getting to the hotel is a bit of an annoyance since you cannot directly turn in from Rte 1 North...you have to go past the hotel to the light to swing back around. Hint if you leave the hotel make a left and it takes you to the backroads where there is a gym and Dollar Tree store that is connected to Rte 1 South...kind of a short cut, but still no way directly from Rte 1 North to hotel without breaking laws. There were two complaints i had about this hotel. The first is the small parking lot, particularly when I stayed there was some kind of bbq and RV's at the end lot taking up too many spaces and even had reserved signs. When I inquired about where to park I was told to park in the Senior Center across from the hotel. Both nights that weekend had bbq goers til about 2am. I don't know if the bbqers were guest of the hotel or just stragglers, but it was pretty annoying not being able to park in the lot because bbqs and RV's were taking up all the spots at the back of the parking lot area. The 2nd complaint is the hotel is old and needs to be updated. The rugs are very old in the hallways leading to the rooms and inside the rooms. I was actually afraid to have my barefoot touch the floor. I would not stay here again until it is modernized like the one by the Logan Airport one in Chelsea...difference is night and day! I would suggest the Residence Inn in Danvers for a much better and modern hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms quieter but may be far from the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family