See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 24, 2018

Just a bare bones hotel. Nothing special really. We stayed only 1 night and were charged for 2 nights. When I called to clarify the issue they said that the computer showed that we stayed two nights and that was more or less the end of the issue and said good bye. The front desk clerk showed no intention of resolving anything and wanted to hung up as soon as possible. I am disputing the transaction with the bank.

Room Tip: Best tip is to avoid this hotel altogether. There are better options out there.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights, while attending the AFC championship game. Found a good deal online and being budget conscious, it seemed like a bargain. Now i wish i would’ve spent more on a hotel that knows it’s a hotel. I’ve stayed at Motel 6 before and i have absolutely no problem w/ the brand in general. I don’t have high expectations and did not expect the 4 Seasons but i do have some basic, common sense expectations, such as having the heater turned on in a room you expect to rent when the weather outside is 29F; having the room turned down, towels replaced at least once over a 3-night stay. Not much to ask for. Worst of all, it seems like the lobby was always packed with friends and family members of whoever was working behind the counter, loud, obnoxious and downright intimidating. Also, the handicapped ramp and landing could use a new slab of concrete because you’d need a 4x4 wheelchair to navigate the chips and holes in Concrete. I loved the visit to Boston but i would never stay here under the current management, even if they paid for it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed there for 1 night, because everyone else was full. We had a funeral to go to, so we boozed 2 rooms. Both rooms had hair in the bathrooms, hallways were dirty and smelled of marijuana, my grandson found a pill under the bed, the elevators were sketchy, pool was not available, no hair dryers in the bathrooms, lighting was terrible. Window lock was broken, not worth $85.00 a night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed November 2, 2017

First, I would like to point out that I have this as 1 star rating because there is not a zero option. This dump reserves no rating.
Please beware and do not stay here as there are safety concerns.
My girlfriends and I booked here to enjoy the town of Salem in October. It was last minute, so difficult to get a room. We drove from NJ and arrived late, 2am. It should have been a concern that on arrival, the police were there. We ignored that and entered the lobby where the RESIDENTS of the motel are doing the heroin lean against the walls and could barely keep their heads up. They were staring us down, I didn't know if they were going to rob us or kill us (seriously). We were greeted by a nasty woman at the front desk, who was less than helpful with our concerns and told us to speak with a manager at 7am. Being almost 230am, we went to the room. If you can handle the smell of cigarettes, pot, and drug paraphernalia on the hallway floor, this might be okay for you. We opened the door to our room and literally started crying. It was at this point, I wondered if this was part of the haunted experience. There was BLOOD stains on the bed, puddles of URINE on the floor, HAIR in the URINE, cigarette burns everywhere and clearly they never clean anything since the previous guests hair clips were scattered around the floor! We now had to kill a few hours and get the hell out. We sat up trying to find a hotel and finally found somewhere (Best Western Plus) for almost $700. I did not care, I would have paid $7,000 to get out. Well, now at 5am, someone pulled the fire alarm and caused evacuation of the hotel! We did not leave the room because it was obvious nothing was on fire as there were no fire truck, police etc. Instead, it was more likely that the DRUG ADDICTS RESIDING there pulled the alarm and planned to rob rooms. We made sure the dead bolt and chain lock were secured and waited for the chaos to end. Thirty minutes after the first fire alarm pull, they did it again!!! Now, at 7am when I walked to the desk to get my money back, I didn't have to say anything. The lady, this time very nice, immediately refunded me! I did feel bad for her as the line of people screaming at her was endless.Thank you to this woman for letting us out of this nightmare without any additional issues.
This experience has left me speechless. Motel 6 should be beyond ashamed of themselves. I understand that people reside in hotels/motels but to put unsuspecting people in that kind of an environment is reprehensible. I hope this review deters many people from considering this dump.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank TFB8381
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We planned on attending the events at Salem in October and needed accommodations. Booked through a travel site and rooms were offered at $170.00 a night. I booked for 2 nights. The motel does meet basic standards. Pros were flat screen wall displayed television, cable, small dining table with a built in the wall mini couch/chair, clean linens, ample parking and friendly staff. Cons were costs, a hard and out dated mattress on a wood frame, no dresser for clothing, no free wifi, no mini fridge or microwave in room, and the only ones available were down stairs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple