All reviews full kitchen front desk loft bedroom living area free breakfast marriott chain flat screen marriott points duraflame log renovated room working fireplace basketball court minute drive outdoor pool king bed hot breakfast rental car
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Stayed a couple times for 1 or 2 nights for business purposes, in Sept, Oct & November.

Rooms are fine. Staff are very nice. I requested a specific room on my 2nd and 3rd stays to put my door right on the sidewalk next to the parking lot for my early exit. I like having breakfast in the room and the capability to make my own coffee.

Entrance off main street is easily missed due to high speed road and quick vision needed to see opening.

Room Tip: top floor for extra quiet, near parking lot for ease of moving luggage to car
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Danvers.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service
to guests like you. I wanted to inform you that we will be starting a full renovation on February 1st and
this will bring all new colors and furniture to the rooms and Gatehouse. We are very excited about this
and we hope you will visit us again to see our new look. The renovation is estimated to be completed by
May 30th.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Have a great day!

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We couldn’t have picked a better spot as a home base to spend The week of Halloween in Salem. Very easy to get there and back and close to restaurants ect. You do need good directions to get to the hotel the first time, so glad we read on here that we needed to go through the Costco parking lot or we never would have got in. Easy to see from highway but hard to find the way in.
The staff here we very friendly and extreme helpful giving directions and offering suggestions. The room was large and clean and bed very comfy. We didn’t eat the breakfast as we on the go early but it looked great. I would most definitely recommend this to my friends and family and stay here again when back in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you for the great review! Salem is such an exciting place to visit during the Haunted Happenings Halloween season in October. Our staff enjoys talking about the many wonderful attractions that bring you to Salem. The team at the Residence Inn Danvers prides itself on all of our guests having a great experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

First, get GOOD directions!,, very difficult to locate. You must enter by using the “Costco” entrance driveway. This property is divided into many separate units of 4 rooms each (?) 2 up & 2 down. You must locate your building then find your room.
The greeting and staff are great. Friendly and helpful!! They did their best to help us check in early and give suggestions and directions to our event that evening. The rooms are nicely decorated with full kitchen, sofa bed and everything you need for a pleasant stay. The only missing item was a safe in the room. Breakfast was very nice. No plastic silverware or styrofoam plates!, A nice surprise. Lovely selection of breakfast items. I would probably not stay here again

Room Tip: Choose first floor as there are no elevators.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancy f
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for your very detailed review. It truly helps other travelers when they read these. I share the reviews with the team and they will appreciate hearing your great comments. Our goal at the Residence Inn Danvers is for a perfect stay for all of our guests.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome, huge room and great bed. Breakfast the next morning was amazing. There was eggs and oatmeal, fresh fruit and cheese. But the best part was they made it so easy for me (with disposable trays and such) to bring breakfast back to the room for my sleeping daughter. The only warning I give is the hotel is tough to get to from the road. The GPS just said turn right! No street sign, just turn right with cars barreling down behind me. It was a little hairy. But honestly, this hotel is worth it. Can’t wait to come back with the rest of the family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Good morning Andrea 60!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel property! I'm more than thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings as well as our property. I do apologize that it can be difficult to find our property, I always suggest using 49 Newbury Street in a GPS for a more clear and direct route to us. I hope you come visit us again soon after our complete renovation wraps up in May 2018! As always, if you have any comments or concerns, feel free to reach out to me via email.

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed September 30, 2017

This is an outstanding property. We had two-story suites at a remarkably low price. Everything was spotless and worked well. The hot breakfast was good. The late-night front desk service was excellent. The only issue, and it is a serious one, is the signage on the highway. First, the northernmost entrance to the hotel (and the only sign on Newbury Pike) is south of the TGI Fridays, which is in turn south of the hotel. Second, both nights that we came to the property (once not long after midnight, and the other at about 11:30 pm), the (small) sign on the highway was not illuminated. The first time, we drove past the entrance, and needed to do an additional three miles (fortunately, aided by GPS), before we were able to get back to the entrance. The second time, we knew to enter the Costco lot long before reaching the Residence Inn sign. So there needs to be much better signage out on Newbury Pike.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay at the Residence Inn Danvers. We just had our sign adjusted for lighting and I apologize that you had that issue as the turn is very quick off the highway. I will certainly readdress this issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.