“Excellent food and service”
Review of Thai Taste Too

Thai Taste Too
Ranked #74 of 104 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Reviewed September 28, 2018

The restaurant has outstanding food. The Thai food is amazing and the sushi even more amazing. The owners are super-friendly and the waiters are equally friendly. We had one waiter in particular this summer, Alex, who was excellent. His service was quick , friendly and he gave us lots of great suggestions on what to choose from the menu.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

The bar and disco-joint atmosphere is tacky. Thai Taste used to be a place to take the family, but not anymore and for sometime now. Do they want to be a good restaurant or a hotspot, do they even know? Yea, I think they do. Booze generates more profits than food, everyone knows that. The food is good, but like the other reviewer said, it could be so much better. Close off the bar and welcome families back in the door, like next door at Fiesta. The bar does not get in the way of a nice evening there but at Thai Taste, the bar and its patrons are more important to the owner.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Haven't been here in a few years and decided to stop in for lite fare and drinks. Service was very slow. Waited so long for my drink and hardly anyone there. Had to remind waitress I had not gotten my martini even after they brought my husband's soda. The soup was okay not as good as I remembered a few years ago. Spring rolls were tasty. May be awhile before we venture back.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

Let me first begin by addressing the fact that Thai Taste Too has an extensive menu - I appreciate the variety. My experience began upon arriving to the restaurant. 4 tables were occupied, 1 guest was waiting at the bar and another guest was waiting to pick up their take-out in front of me. 2 of the 4 families sitting within the booths were visibly agitated, the guest at the bar was glaring at the cashier and the customer in front of me appeared frustrated as well. There was not a host, no servers on the floor, a bartender was nowhere to be found and the phone was ringing off the hook as the receptionist had her hands full taking phone orders while trying to process customer receipts. I felt very uncomfortable for the receptionist because she was working as fast as she possibly could. It's evident that this restaurant is understaffed and if there are an adequate amount of servers they're apparently very inattentive. As a quick side note: Dishes were piling up through the kitchen window and the thermostat was set to a very warm 76 degrees. Overall, I think this establishment really needs some improving. Hire more staff (host/greeter, servers, bartender, dishwasher) and turn down the thermostat.

Reviewed November 23, 2016

Went to this restaurant on a Tuesday night for dinner. There was one waitress, no maître d or host to greet and seat, so we had to wait for the lone waitress who was in no hurry, and when she did finally come over to us she was not friendly. The restaurant atmosphere is very nice with soft music playing and nice décor. There is a huge bar and another section that looks like a lounge with a small stage. The service was extremely slow and we almost walked out. We were not brought any water (had to ask for it) and the waitress did not start off with asking if we wanted drinks. When we asked if they had any cocktails or beer she seemed perplexed and said no cocktails only 2 beer choices. This was confusing given the lounge and huge bar. We ordered our food and braced ourselves for a long wait. We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly we got the food and it was very good. The chicken satay featured a rather large piece of chicken and not very attractive but it was very moist and tender. The peanut sauce could have been more flavorful. The pad thai was good but I have had better. This place has potential but the little misses are off-putting. Staff more people, train staff to be friendly and to know the basics of waiting on customers. Hire a bartender and expand drink menu. This place could be great but the owner(s) seem to be choosing mediocrity.