Deerfield Inn
Red Rose Motel(Charlemont)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel UMass(Amherst)
    Average 3/5
    All reviewscarriage housenew englandhistoric townmain buildinga lovely staymodern amenitiesbreakfast was deliciousenjoyed our staylovely roomyankee candleroom was largeannextavernfireplacemassachusettsweddingaccommodations
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 8 July 2011

Once again, we had a delightful even though short visit (just overnight) to your Inn. In planning our recent trip to New England and Quebec, we made certain that we’d be able to spend at least one night in Deerfield. Upon arrival, we were recognized and made to feel as if we were coming home! Thank you so much for that special perk. While Severin was enjoying a nap, I enjoyed myself with tea and cookies and a good book in the gathering room, very relaxing.

Our evening meal was delicious, eating out on the porch. Our server, Jamie, was delightful..personality plus, very engaging while giving all her clients very good service to boot…she was always smiling making our evening even more lovely. Please pass on our compliments to her for us, she’s definitely an asset to you and your establishment.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year at some point as we venture out once again.

Thank you very much, we enjoyed our visit!

Thank you very much, we enjoyed our visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
    Daphneanne, Owner at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Thank you so much for your kindness in taking the time to write so warmly about your return visit to us. We all look forward to welcoming you here again!

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Our stay at this beautiful inn was one of the highlights of our trip around
    the north west of Massachusetts. The building and facilities were a delight
    and the staff were excellent in all respects. We have been happy to
    recommend The Deerfield Inn as a place to stay to all our friends if they should visit the
    area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
    Daphneanne, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

I apologize for such a belated thank you. Your review slipped right past me when I should have been more focused. Please forgive me, and know how much we truly appreciate your recommendation. Come on back!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Where to begin? My husband and I stayed here for one night as a quick getaway from our daily hustle and bustle. Historic Deerfield makes a lovely and relaxing setting and as you drive down the street to the Inn, you feel transported to a different time and place. It was nice to be able to simply park on the street right in front of the Inn. The first thing I noticed at the Inn itself was that the decoration and furnishings were lovely: antiques and traditional pieces, carefully chosen, comfortable and not stuffy or cluttered. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our room (called "Horatio Alger"...i remember that and not the number, ha!) was really beautiful and spacious, spotlessly clean and had an awesome extra-large two-person shower. It seemed like it was newly renovated. A nice little touch was finding a cd player and classical music cd's in the drawer next to the bed. We got lucky with perfect weather and ate dinner on the front porch which was also excellent. All in all my husband and I had an easy, fabulous little getaway that felt much more substantial than just 1 night and we would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Especially if you like the local history--stay here and tour the area!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
    Daphneanne, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Oh dear, I missed your lovely, heartwarming review, and I never thanked you for being so detailed and for letting your pleasure show through in your writing. I love that two-person shower as well. Perfect for a getaway! I so appreciate that you took the time to review. Thank you so much, and do come and see us again when we are fully back open again.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

This was an amazing place to enjoy a romantic get away. The rooms are spacious and luxurious and the beds are to die for. The staff is increadible and very welcoming. It's quite and relaxing atmosphere is just perfect to unwind. The restaraunt in the inn Champney's is excellent and the ambiance is very romantic.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
    Daphneanne, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Oh no! I didn't see your kind words before now, so please accept my apologies for not thanking you before now. I hope you come and see the restored Champney's in the spring of 2013, and thank you so much.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

The inn is located in a wonderful historic area, and is completely charming inside and out. Our room was spacious, spotless, silent, and superbly styled. (Okay, I think I've beaten that literary device to death.) The bed was probably the most comfortable I've slept in, due to the layers of good quailty mattress, pads, duvets, sheets, etc.

We ate dinner at the inn, at Champney's (named after a famous artist who had lived in Deerfield), and our experience there was just as nice. Dennis, the manager of the room, had noticed that a fish dish we ordered was not quite up to his standards, came out of the kitchen to our table, apologized and asked if we would prefer to order something else. He also then comped us dessert, even though we hadn't even had a chance to complain, since we never saw the "offending" dish. Portions were large, ingredients fresh, nicely presented, and the only thing I might nitpick about is that several of the sauces or glazes were a bit too sweet for my taste, and could have used a bit more oomph.

I did not have a chance to meet either of the innkeepers, but spoke to one of them, Jane, several weeks after, about a question I had about the bedding (it was that good). She was more than helpful, going out of her way, and was fun and extremely pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
    Daphneanne, Owner at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write! So glad you had a sweet and restful night's sleep! Yay Dennis! We are lucky to have such a peach work with us. Come back soon - our guests get free passes to the museum houses!