“Great accommodations with a heart!”

Starlight Lodge Cape Cod
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dennis
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Our family had a home in Dennis many years ago. We celebrated my sisters birthday by coming back to Dennis. The owners Ken and Julie are warm and friendly people who made us very welcome. We had two rooms next to each other. They provided a card table in our room for us as we played cards each night . The rooms are very clean. We watched other guests enjoy the pool. The grounds are beautiful and it is set back from the main road so it is quiet for sleeping. It is very close to the Cape Playhouse. We enjoyed their first show of the season.They serve coffee and tea each morning in the lobby for the early risers. They provide a list of restaurants that all were wonderful that we tried. Grumpys for breakfast can't be beat. Julie even shared a slip of a plant from her gardens that I had been looking for. They are located close to the beach and Scargo tower that enables you to view the entire area. This motel is all that their web site shows and more. We would come back here again and again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NewJerseySmile
There are newer reviews for Starlight Lodge Cape Cod

Reviewed 11 August 2008

My wife and I were in Dennis for only one night and were not really looking for anything fancy, and thats pretty much what we got.

The staff at Briarcliffe was very helpful and freindly, the rooms were small but clean, and they had a nice pool. On the downside, the AC was kind of loud and the mattress was pretty stiff, but what can you expect for the reasonable price, on Cape Cod, during the busy season???

Overall, not a bad place to rest your head.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RhodeWarrior80
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We stayed at the Briarcliffe, on advice from friends, because of its proximity to Mayflower Beach. The owners were friendly and helpful with our questions. While the rooms were small, they were very clean and it more than served our purpose of having a place to sleep after a day of beach going. The pool was well maintained and the kids enjoyed starting each morning with some time there before heading to the beach.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank traywithana
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I've stayed at the Briarcliff every year for the past five years and have never had a bad experience. The owners are nice and professional and the rooms are clean and sufficient. Also, the owners know the Cape and have helped me plan my stay while giving good suggestions of things to do for me and my family. I read one of the reviews and trust me, these are good people. The pool is clean, the location is great, and the help does a good job cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank danno711
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Our family had a wonderful stay at this very quaint hotel. The management were very friendly, and the staff took care of any need. The rooms were clean, and the proximity to the beach and other cape cod attractions made our trip very enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 23 November 2007

We stayed at this motel while attending a wedding in Dennis in June 2007, but regret it ever since. I wish we had pitched a tent at a camp
ground instead. The rooms (we changed rooms twice) were all really disgusting: definitely not clean, smelled musty, bugs and spiders in the sheets. On top of that, the cleaning staff stole my watch that I had left in the room during the day, and when I reported this to the management, they were dismissive and kept insisting that I had misplaced it. Now I wish I would've filed a police report.I have stayed at many small motels all over Cape Cod and know not to expect 5 star services, but this place was by far the absolute worst I have ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank bjoralt
Briarcliffe, Owner at Starlight Lodge Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2008

As owners of the Briarcliffe Motel we would take any complaint of stealing very seriously and investigate completly. We are surprised to find the guest's version of our two hour search of the room, dirty linens, trash cans and surrounding area, "dismisive". During our eight year ownership we had not recieved any complaints of stealing so we feel confident that perhaps the watch had been misplaced.

In defense of the size of our rooms we can only say that yes, our rooms are small. The rooms were built over fifty years ago when expectations were not for a large room. Alterations to the size of the rooms has been considered but would raise the rates significantly. After careful consideration and much research we found that guests preferred the lower rate due to the fact that they were "out of the room all day and were looking for an inexpensive place to sleep & shower".

Cleanliness is #1! We have been told by many that "the Briarcliffe is one of the cleanest motels they have been to." Cleanliness is subject to interpretation and we have found that sometimes and older building can be mislabled as unclean.

Bugs & spiders on the sheets is totally unacceptable and has never before been brought to our attention. We only wish that the guest would have mentioned this so we could rectify the situation immediatly.

Reviewed 14 August 2007

The worst Motel on our NewEngland-Tour: Although the room was very small, the air-condition did not cool the room the room a little and was very loud. We could not sleep with that thing on or off. The room was very old. I definitly got better motels for 125 $ /night on a Thursday.

There is always the same rule: Don´t go to the tourist centres in high season. They charge you to much money for almost nothing.

• Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank KM66

If we were to receive two complaints about the volume of an air conditioner we would replace it immediately. We have yet to receive a second complaint on the one in reference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dennis
9.2 km away
0.1 km away
Kingfisher Lodging
Kingfisher Lodging
#2 of 2 in Dennis

Been to Starlight Lodge Cape Cod? Share your experiences!