“Amazing Tea Room and Gallery”

Village Tea Room at Borsari Gallery
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a new Tea Room that opened about a month ago. The Gallery part opened about a year ago. Phone # 508-385-3434. We loved it! an
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My first tea experience was at the Lighthouse Tea Room in Bermuda in 1990. Since then I have enjoyed tea at the Browns, The Dorchester (London), various Boston venues including Bristol Lounge, Boston Harbour Hotel and the former Ritz. I have enjoyed rustic teas in Ireland and even afternoon tea at various Caribbean venues include Carisle Bay and Blue Waters both in Antigua. I love tea. Cape Cod used to have a great tea room at the former Augusta Snow in H'port. Devon Tea Room in Dennis was nice but short lived. Dunbar has a nice tea shop and the restaurant. Well, when I heard about Borsari I was intrigued. It took until today, a very impromptu visit that allowed me to experience this gem. I had a hectic busy weekend and needed to unwind. My daughter and I were headed to another spot but thought of Borsari. I called and Kathy welcomed us to come in. We arrived and walked into what truly is the most hospitable amazing setting. First and foremost, it's breathtaking inside. The furniture, the china, the place settings..the art, the woodwork...it all melds into a charming intimate setting. What earned 5 stars? Lump sugar, real clotted cream, delicious scones, fresh jam in a little pot, mix matched bone china, amazing tea, and the art...each nook and cranny showcases the owner's brother in law.

We chose the high tea to share. Our waitress recommended an extra scone. Thank goodness she did..it was a light flakey homemade scone. The real clotted cream and homemade jam made it amazing. We had 8 tea sandwiches, egg, cuke, ham and turkey. The 4 petit desserts were cream filled treats and a raspberry pastry. Wow....

I cannot recommend this spot more. Kathy and Bob the owners are incredible hosts. George, the tea master was delightful.

I would recommend this spot for a bridal shower, girls tea, wedding or any intimate gathering. This is a truly amazing spot in charming Dennis Village. LOVED it.

Date of visit: June 2011