“A nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We plan our trips out carefully, but when a planned visit to Sesuit Harbor for lunch was not an option (closed for an event!) we checked the Google Map machine for "restaurants near us" and came up with the well rated Captain Frosty's. A quick look at the menu told us THIS IS FOR US, so off we went.

Short wait to order, food came out quickly (after a quick trip to clean bathrooms to wash hands). For me, Lobster Roll plate, that included Cole slaw (meh), fries (excellent) and 2 clam cakes. For her, a caesar salad with grilled scallops. The scallops were incredible, the lobster roll very good (just claw/knuckle, no tail) and the fries were very good.

Friendly service and lots of parking was nice, too.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We all loved the food. Best fish and chips. My son ordered the burger and loved it. Nice outside seating at the picnic tables.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Great fried seafood, lobster rolls...grab a picnic table outside and don't forget to leave room for ice cream!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We visited with a large party in the late afternoon and found lots of outdoor seating in the back. Indoor seating too but on a hot day the breeze outdoors (in covered seating) was cooler. Great service, you order at the counter and your food is brought out to you at your table. Fresh fried clam bellies, shrimp and fish and chips and nice lobster rolls. The soft serve is great and worth a separate trip, sundaes, cones and generous milk shakes are available.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a fan of Captain Frosty’s for over 25 years. I went by yesterday after a sunset beach trip. It’s still got a great “seafood shack” ambiance, however I was disappointed with the fried clam roll I got there. I don’t know if it was just that one batch of clams, but the bellies weren’t very big, and the clams were a bit over cooked.

As a contrast, I had a clam roll at Kream n’ Kone today and the clams there were meatier and not over fried.