“Dinner at the Ebb Tide”

Price range: US$19 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A true Cape Cod Classic! Built around an original Cape Cod sea captain’s home, the Ebb Tide serves fresh, local seafood, whole lobsters and prime beef in five intimate dining rooms. Three-Course Dinner Specials offered 5pm-6pm. Open May – September. ** CLOSED for the SEASON ** RE-OPENING SPRING 2019 **
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I have eaten at the Ebb Tide for over thirty years every summer. I ate dinner there this year and found the food to be delicious. The clam chowder is the best on the Cape...creamy and thick. The swordfish was tasty and seasoned just right. I went for the three course dinner which was a great deal.....and well worth the price....appetizer and dessert included. A very respected, family run restaurant where your servers and everyone emplyed there treat you with the utmost respect. Only disappointment was that they no longer provide the cranberry bread with your meal....they have it but for a price.

2  Thank amblercolleen

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I have been going to The Ebb Tide since I was a kid. It has always been wonderful. This year the food and atmosphere continued to be wonderful but just felt we were rushed. We were looking forward to a quiet, relaxing evening but finished out dinner in less than an hour. Our waitress was very efficient, got us in and out in record time. Not what I expected from The Ebb Tide.

1  Thank elizabeth112017
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Visited while on vacation at the resort across the street. Very good seafood, and we liked the vintage restaurant/steakhouse vibe. Our waiter was a young college age guy, one of the best waiters we've had in years. Great evening out. Would go there again if ever in Dennis Port.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Visiting the cape with my friend in memory of her father who lived here and passed away at a very young age. This was his favorite restaurant. We arrived and were told we’d have about a 30 minute wait. There’s no bar or bar food so we took a walk along the beach which was only a 5 minute walk across from the restaurant. We were promptly seating when we returned . We ordered drinks to toast Walter. I ordered house Cabernet which was Ravenwood. It was very nice and you got a generous pour for $9. We both ordered the 3 course dinner. I had clam chowder which was excellent, pecan crusted salmon which was delicious but a little on the sweet side, baked potato and broccoli. The broccoli was fresh but was over cooked and seemed to be boiled and waterlogged. I had the strawberry shortcake for dessert. A lovely cranberry sorbet was provided between courses served in its own ice cube bowl! Highly recommend. Dinner for two with 2 glasses of wine and 20%+ tip $100. Great value for what we had.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

The words "traditional" and "classic," used to describe a restaurant, particularly on the Cape, can sometimes translate to just plain stuffy and old-fashioned. That's not the case with the Ebb Tide. It's definitely a place for your favorite Cape fare, but the food is far from ordinary, and items like the lobster fritters (which are great) keep the menu interesting.
The Ebb Tide doesn't take reservations, but they recently did a great job on short notice accommodating our family group of nearly 20 for a special occasion. The staff was great, and everyone, from the youngest to the oldest, really enjoyed their meals. We'll be back.