“Perfect place for a no-nonsence weekend!”
Review of Old Landing Motel

and 1 more site!
Old Landing Motel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect place for a no-nonsence weekend!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Old Landing Motel is situated on a fairy-like spot; it is a small-scale motel, which makes it feel cosy and the beach is directly located behind the rooms. The rooms are excellently clean and modern furnished. The rooms were cleaned daily and we received clean towels every day. The owner is amazing friendly and makes the best coffee of the United States for his guests! I can not think of disadvantages, although if you expect luxury you better choose a luxury resort. But I will definitely recommend this place and will come back myself as well!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
East Greenbush , NY
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I have been going to the Cape for 20 years and never stayed at Old Landing until Labor Week-end of 2011. I loved everything about the place. My room was large and so clean!
I stayed on the 2nd floor and had a view of the ocean and nice ocean breeze.
The owner, David is a super nice guy, so far the negative feed back on Trip
advisor hard to believe.
I had left items behind in my room (more like many clothing item..lol) And David was
kind enough to mail them back to me in NY.
I hope to stay with the Old Landing again soon. I recommned it to everyone.
For Food, make sure to get your Lobsters and Steamers at the Wooden shoe!
Also Lobster pie at Chapins Fish & Chips is my favorite.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Darcy R
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Leaving from Ottawa, we knew this was going to be a 10 hour plus drive. Getting there was not too much of a problem (thank you I-90) until we arrived at the Bourne roundabout in Cape Cod proper. From then on we really had to read carefully the instructions on our Yahoo map and feel our way around. As we were arriving in Cape Cod on a Sunday, we noticed the long, very long, line up of cars going the other way, those were the weekend vacationers going back to Boston or New York I guess. My impression of Cape Cod as a driver is that it is not easy to find your way. Get yourself a good map of the area at the first opportunity you get. There are a lot of cars in Cape Cod and not all that many parking spots. If you like the East-coast style shingle covered wooden houses, you will be happy here.
We arrived at Old Landing at around 6:30 PM. David Maslin, the owner was at the reception desk. My impression of him was positive. Unfortunately, I had very few opportunities to talk to him during my stay. I did not even get to try his coffee.
About the rooms, this is a nice, clean AND QUIET property. The loudest noise you are likely to hear are the cicadas singing at night. These are nice sized rooms where you are not likely to feel claustrophobic. Our bed was a KING SIZE and it was firm. I would recommend the second floor rooms (there are only three of them). When the sun comes up in the morning, you are the first to see the light. The beach is litteraly a stone throw away from the property, just beyond the public parking. You do have to go down a wooden stairway though. It is a small sandy beach and there is a lifeguard on duty. It is a perfect beach for families with young children. The water is quite warmer than New Brunswick beaches. A nicer beach lies west of Dennisport, in Hyannis, a 20 minute drive, just past the JFK memorial. There is a 15 or 20 dollar parking fee but it looks like it is worth it. Another advantage of staying at Old landing is its proximity to some nice restaurants, a fifteen minute walking distance. Here are some names: for lobster, The Wooden Shoe, for deep fried seafood, the Wee Packet, for ice cream, the Sundae School, for breakfast, the Royal Pizza. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ParosMan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was lovely! Our room was charming with bright blue walls and lamps painted with lighthouses. David was friendly and pleasant to interact with - I personally do NOT believe the few negative comments about him I've seen in other reviews. He gave us great travel suggestions and made me a wonderful soy cappuccino every morning. The room was VERY clean (they even wash the shower curtains and steam the carpets between guests). The beach was steps away, easy to roll out of bed for a breath-taking sunrise over the water and then stumble back for some more sleep. It was a great value and if I'm back in Cape Cod I wouldn't hesitate to book this place. Tip: pay your bill balance in cash to save 4% on the CC machine fee. Yes, as others have mentioned there is no in-room phone, but I personally never use a hotel phone anyhow, I barely noticed its absence.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The owner was great, we walked in the door and the espresso was already brewing. Our room had a veiw of the Ocean and everything just sparkled.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I highly recommend this motel. GREAT location so close to the beach that you can smell the ocean and hear the waves. It is just a short walk from the backyard of the motel directly to the beach, great for children. Dave, the owner, is always behind the counter available to answer any questions, recommendations, or to make a great complimentary cup of cappuccino any time of day. The room I stayed had a FABULOUS ocean view. It was spotless clean, the bed was so comfy and the sheets smelled fresh. I had a WONDERFUL long weekend and i will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Joy B
Slingerlands, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Make sure you take your beach towels as you will need them. The Inn keeper Dave is wonderful! Our 6 year old daughter broke a window and Dave would not let us pay for it! The location is awesome if you love the beach and swimming. While we were there the waves were good for boarding. His staff cleans the rooms impeccably daily! I had to force the housekeeper take a tip! We had an ocean view room and it was better than I had anticipated for the price, which is extremely reasonable. We still can't believe our luck in finding this little gem! Thank you Dave!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
0.1 km away
Pelham House
Pelham House
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Old Landing Motel? Share your experiences!