“Welcomed like family”

and 1 more site!
Joy House Inc. Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at the Joy House for a week of R&R. It was the best "unwinding" vacation I can imagine. Barbara and Peter welcomed me like family with a chat about my interests and connections to all that I wanted to do (and encouragement to unwind) on Cape Cod. They have many little "extras" (snacks, local books and movies, a personally-crafted idea book of local attractions) that make your stay enjoyable. Their hospitality made me think about how I can be more welcoming when I have friends and family stay in my home.

Barbara is a fantastic cook. Instead of my usual mad dash out the door, breakfast became an indulgent experience. Peter does his part with special napkin folds and music selections tailored to your interests.

Because I missed my dog, I had regular access to the house beagles. Luther, newly appointed "Director of Guest Services", appointed himself my companion for a relaxing afternoon of reading in the hammock.

The location in Dennisport is very accessible to beaches, historical areas, and experiences in nature. The Atlantic Ocean is a short walk away. If the main beach is crowded, walking provides access to a city-managed beach that would otherwise require a local's parking permit.

Room Tip: B&B, no swimming pool or fitness center. However, they do have a hot tub and easy access to many...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine C

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The Joy House is truly an escape from reality. I have been there on several occasion and the friendly, joyful and warm in-keepers never disappoint. The Joy House is a great place to stay whether you are with that special someone or with a family. It is extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning is amazing and I am always trying to get new ideas from Barbara and Peter's recipes. It is conveniently located to many attractions; however, it is a great place to just stay and relax. Peter and Barbara are extremely knowledgable and can provide recommendation based upon your likes and interests. If you are in the mood to relax - the flowers, garden, hammock and hot tub in the backyard make it peaceful to sit outside and enjoy the day or night. We LOVED our experience at the Joy House and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great with AC, TV, wireless internet, private bath, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Good place to relax with friend and family . I love to come back again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2009

we have been traveling to the cape for 10 years and count our stay at the Joy House as one of the best! We were upgraded to the suite at the same cost as the smaller room we requested, the rooms were super clean and super cute! The breakfast was out of this world! The owners Barbara and Peter could not have been kinder. We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jroseMontclair_NJ
Reviewed 18 October 2005

This was our first B&B in the US and it was fantastic. Far exceeded our expectations. Clean and comfortable rooms and great cooking, especially the little cakes waiting for us when we returned each evening. Hundreds of books, videos, DVDs to fill those rainy days and evenings. Loved the little tea table. Loads of space for guests including a hot tub. Great restaurant just across the street. If you want a place to stay in Dennisport, look no further. Thank you Peter and Barbara for making us feel most welcome.

• Stayed: September 2005