“Almost like home”

Earl of Sandwich Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Sandwich
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is my 6th visit and every time is even better. Beautiful grounds, well kept facilities, great showers and charming hosts! Can't do better!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catharine K

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Had a great stay at this relaxing and pleasant motel. I enjoyed my first stay so much, in fact, I came back for a second night later in my trip. Owners were very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean, comfortable and it was convenient to have a small fridge included. I enjoyed muffins and banana bread in comfortable chairs in the yard, overlooking the duck pond.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Marge905
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This is such a quaint little place to stay. We had a really good visit. It was clean. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My sister and I spent Columbus Weekend there. The Cliffords never disappoint! We go every summer and they are always very accommodating to us. My sister and I go there because they make you feel at home. I love it there! Their rooms are always clean and spotless. We love feeding the ducks too :) A must stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This August we clocked 300 miles on a bike trip. Earl of Sandwich Motel (378 Rte. 6a, East Sandwich, MA) was one of our stops. The room was quiet, clean, and quaint. The bathroom was okay ... nothing fancy ... very small but functional. The owner was wonderful! He provided extra towels, brought in a space heater (we were very cold from a day of biking in heavy rain), suggested to eat at The Bee Hive next door (awesome restaurant!), and served a delicious continental breakfast which we ate outside on picnic tables. This place is a throwback to the 50s. Nothing fancy, but a nice stop. It has a quaint pond with ducks and pretty gardens. The pool looked very inviting, but we had to get some miles in on our bike. I got the impression that this was a family-run inn since several kids were helping out. The owner said he's owned it for a couple of decades. I would stay again on a bike trip or with my family. Bottom line: it is quaint and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Idratherbebiking
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We love the Earl of Sandwich motel for it's unique country settings. Pond with ducks and geese add to the fun. Lots of gardens and quiet sitting areas. The Cliffords are welcoming and their homemade Continental breakfast is an unexpected pleasure. The rooms are clean.We enjoy the romantic canopy bed. Earl of Sandwich is our special get away. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are nearer to the pond. We like that .
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen01603
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We went to CapeCod for little one night getaway. The place is very stylish, with old style furnitures, but not overloaded. Outside area is perfect to relax and get some fresh air - big yard, wood tables and chairs, very quiet. Coffee, tea, OJ and hard boild eggs, crossaints, muffins and banana bread for breakfast. Place very clean. The only thing that room had strange smell, but i oppened the window and smell was gone in a little bit. Warning for young couples: the bed was little bit unstable and it's to old for sex (am glad I was to pregnant for it anyways). We pushed bed towards the wall and it made it more stable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6.3 km away
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Earl of Sandwich Motel? Share your experiences!