“Awesome”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Verona, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Staying at the Midway for the past many years is always a great experience. Sally and her staff keep the place clean and shining. It is decorated wonderfully...like my own home might be.
Sally is a great lady and a friend...Her cleaning staff is exceptional...I have never found a fault with anything...and the setting is picturesque...
Thanks Sally and Staff

Room Tip: I have had the privilege of staying in all the rooms...The efficience, The Shed, The Barn and some o...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2011

A picturesque spot less than a half hour from provincetown! This is by far the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. We couldn't believe how great our room was for the price. The owner Sally gave us great advice on what to see while we were in the area! We can't wait to visit the Cape again next year and stay at Midway again! Her staff kept us in complete comfort the whole time we were there. If we forgot to turn on the AC when we left for the day, it was on for us and our room comfy when we returned home. Now thats service!

Room Tip: We were in the "Captains Quarters" on the end of the the building at the back of the prope...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wes T
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We have stayed at the Midway Motel for each of the last 10 years. It is our favorite place to stay on the Cape. The accomodations are always very clean and comfortable. Sally, the on-site owner, makes us feel very welcome; she and her excellent staff are always available to meet any our needs. The grounds are very quiet and beautifully landscaped with patio sets and outdoor lawn games. There is also direct access to the bike path. We look forward to many more stays at the Midway.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Eastham
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The Midway Motel is located next to Route 6, about one mile north of the Eastham Village Green (which has convenience stores and bus stops to get you further up into Provincedown, or down to Super Stop & Shop or Hyannis for shopping). Going North, once you pass the "Fairway Restaurant & Pizzeria" on the left, pay attention to the right side of the road: You'll pass the Village Greens, a mini-golf course, and then arrive at the Motel.

Traffic on route 6 calms down during the night, and the rooms themselves are quite a bit away from the street, so noise isn't a problem. You'll hear the crickets, but that's about it. If these bug you, the AC drowns any remaining noise without being loud. The rooms themselves are clean and comfy: My room, the "Midway Depot" (I'm going from memory here) had a carpeted floor, a double and a single bed, and could easily accomodate two people. Beds have bed linen and everything on it, so no need to bring your own.
The room is equipped with a fridge (which I unplugged, since I am a light sleeper), a desk with two chairs, a TV set (even though I didn't use it) and a nightstand with several drawers. It had air-conditioning, as well as a fan on the ceiling, which kept the room cool without much noise. The dresser is a separate, small room, and they offer a safe in the main office. The shower could double as a bath tub, they were well equipped with plenty of blankets that were refilled daily. Soap and hair dryer were provided as well.

They have wireless internet (Comcast Cable from what I checked). The signal is stronger towards the common room. Sally tries to accomodate you, though, and will give you rooms closer to the router if you mention it during the booking. Which isn't really necessary though, because even though I was in the room second-farthest away from the common room, I still got two bars on my laptop, and it worked fine.
The "Common Room" is a room in the cottage at the far back end of the property, which is actually quite comfy: I went there on three different occasions, and every time they had a coffee brewing. It has tables in- and outside the room, chairs and a sofa, so it's actually really nice to work from. The room was empty a lot of times, so I'm not sure how many other guests actually knew about it.

Overall I was very happy with my stay, and will come again if I'm around that area, no doubt. Sure, there are plenty of hotels, but what makes this one stand out is the staff: Sally, who runs the Motel, pours a lot of effort and heart into it, and it shows. I arrived around 10pm, because the Plymouth & Brookton busses were heavily delayed and made me miss all my connecting busses. Even though I was late and it was completely dark already, she was there to welcome me (she had also left a note and the keys for me at the office, probably in case she was asleep. She also said she would leave the lights on when I called her so I could find the motel more easily, which she did). She offered me drinks, and the next morning showed me around Eastham and drove me to the bike rental. She told me routes I should ride my bike on, in to see the national seashore, where to go for shopping (Village Greens are overpriced) and so on.
As if that wasn't enough, she'd tell me where I could go, what I could visit, how I'd get there - you really get the feeling that she was there for you to help, the entire time.
Even after checking out, she'd give me a ride down to the bus stop at the Village Green, saving me to walk there myself with my suitcase. With all that, I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else - because while I am sure you can get bigger rooms somewhere, the performance of the staff cannot get better than this. She helped me with anything I needed, and nothing seemed too much trouble.

The property is right adjascent to the Cape Cod Rail Trail (CCRT). One thing you can do is rent a bike at the shop about 1 mile south. You can walk there on the CCRT if you want, so you don't have to go on Route 6. From there, you can ride the bike down the CCRT, which has lovely scenery and is easy to ride on. If you want to shop cheap, ride it down to mile 13.2. You'll be at Main Street, in Orleans. Turn left, go until the next major intersection (with traffic lights) and turn left again. You'll be on Route 6A (Cranberry Highway) If you keep going, you'll end up with Stop & Shop (and TJ Maxx) on your left, which is much much cheaper than the Village Greens.
There are plenty of restaurants nearby too (as well as on the CCRT itself), which I imagine would be great to visit during a family trip on your bikes.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sewiee
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Good prices for clean and confortable rooms. Very good location and kindness service!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had a really nice stay here for two nights. The room was spotless. Older furnishings but immaculate. The owner Sally was so helpful and efficient . It was like visiting a friend's home. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011
Winchester
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed in the 'Chart' room with our two daughters aged 16 and 12 for four nights in August. As we were visiting various places on our trip to New England/New York city, we wanted reasonably priced accommodation in Cape Cod. One of the most important things for me is cleanliness and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we opted for The Midway Motel. We had never stayed in a motel before, but we didn't feel the need for hotel facilities as we intended to be out exploring. The room was large - plenty of room for the four of us and all the luggage that comes with three females! The bathroom looked as if it had been recently decorated. Everything was spotless and housekeeping were very good. It is a small site which is very well maintained and there is no traffic noise at all from the busy road. Sally is so helpful and kind: she even let us borrow a parasol to take to the beach and when our clothes and bags were drenched after a cycle ride in torrential rain, she rinsed them in her machine, dried them and returned them to us the next day! Absolutely amazing service! She is so informative about restaurants and things to do in the area. You can book the whalewatching trip at Provincetown through Sally (cheaper than buying direct). Do visit the drive-in movie at Wellfleet (5 mins away) - it was a fun thing to do. We would definitely recommend The Midway to anyone looking for very reasonably priced accommodation which is spotless and in a great location for exploring this part of Cape Cod.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
0.8 km away
3.6 km away
Inn at the Oaks
Inn at the Oaks
#1 of 11 in Eastham

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!