“Wonderful little restaurant at a small airfield”

The Right Fork Diner
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Edgartown
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Right Fork Diner is located exactly 1 mile from South Beach in Edgartown, Massachusetts. We boast a large outdoor deck with sweeping views to feast on our traditional diner fare with a fresh and local twist. "Just good plane food!"
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This place is at the Katama airfield. We sat out on the deck and watched the beautiful biplanes take off. Food & Service were great, prices were definitely fair for the Vineyard. We had dinner but I have heard breakfast and lunch are excellent. You can make online reservations via their website.

Date of visit: July 2018
Jamie S, Owner at The Right Fork Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Having the airport so close definitely makes for a unique atmosphere! You've heard right - we do a great breakfast and lunch too so we hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We took the kids here for brunch to eat w the planes. It was fun 2 sit outside and watch the planes. There are also outdoor games like cornhole to play while waiting. The lines to get in can get long and they do use an app for reservations but only for dinner. Overall the food was good. Home fries are great!! We will return!

Date of visit: August 2018
Jamie S, Owner at The Right Fork Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Amanda, we are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us here at The Right Fork Diner. We appreciate your feedback and high star rating. We hope you all will join us again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

I can think of no better place to sit down and enjoy breakfast. Watching the planes come in and out, playing games on the lawn, enjoying the deck and feeling that beachy air. It doesn't hurt that the food, particularly breakfast is great too. Pancakes and French Toast got the thumbs up from the kids and the hash or avocado toast were high quality and nicely prepared. There is usually a wait, but the service is very nice and pretty speedy once you get a table.

Date of visit: July 2018
Jamie S, Owner at The Right Fork Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review and 5-star rating! We are so glad you have postive experiences when you visit! We strive to provide the best for our guests so we are thrilled that you enjoy everything from playing games on the lawn to your breakfast! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Very accomodating people, wonderful food (at all three services of the day) and this time, dinner was excellent. I had the bucatini with shrimp and scallops in a lemon alfredo sauce...it was super. Lobster cobb salad was huge and delicious, short ribs and baby back ribs met with approval and clean plates...just a really fun place to dine, outside on a nice night, inside otherwise.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

There was a wait when we got there and I was afraid we were going to miss breakfast. The hostess told me I could place an online order to secure a breakfast order. The system wasn’t working so I had to place my order at their coffee/ice cream window. I also put my name on the list as I wanted to actually be seated in the restaurant. My order came- pancakes for me - French toast for my daughter. 2 minutes later they called my name to be seated but they would not allow me to be seated because I had just received my order. They allowed me to sit outside at a picnic table that was wet. Overall the service was terrible. The pancakes were really good and I would have likely ordered more food for family members that were not with us had I actually had the opportunity to dine at the restaurant. We really wanted to take a biplane ride as well but it was too cloudy that day.