“Our best meal on MV”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2017

We wandered in on a Thursday night and sat at the very small bar to eat. The bartender Shawn was great throughout. We started with 2 appetizers: warm Gorgonzola dip with shrimp and a cheese platter. Dinner was braised short ribs and a bento box: clam chowder, salad, chicken marsala, chives mashed potatoes and seasoned vegetables. Everything was excellent. So glad we wandered in.

mrroonie, Owner at Chesca's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

A little late with our response, I am afraid, but thank you very much. We appreciate your positive review of us and are glad that you enjoyed yourselves.
Most sincerely,
Jo and David.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This restaurant met my ultimate satisfaction. The dining room was lovely and clean, the atmosphere was wonderful and the staff, especially our waiter Kevin, was flawless and attentive. I started with a glass of red wine, then had a Tuscan white bean soup with lots of vegetables. My main course, mussels in a ginger and white wine sauce, was actually an appetizer because I did not want to eat too much, It was absolutely delicious. Then for dessert I had a brownie with hot fudge and ice cream. Yummy! Thank you Chesca's Restaurant. You'll definitely see me eating there again.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We visit the island often and always cone back to Chescas for a consistently good meal. Great bartender and great atmosphere. See you next year!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I have been to Chesca about five times this summer. It is becoming my favorite place to eat. The food is consistently excellent. The service is wonderful. Tonight we had Kevin. He was the right balance of attentive but also giving us the time to just relax and enjoy the evening.

The portions are perfect vs Detente which seems to be getting smaller and smaller portions.

I also love how responsive Chesca is to looking at re views and trying to make sure that they respond to any issues.

Chesca A+

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We were unsure about Chesca's due to the mixed reviews. My husband, 17 year old and I decided that we enjoyed our meal and evening for our very good review status. My meal was the fish of the evening. I can't remember know what it was so it wasn't that great but it was good. I thought the waiter was a bit clueless when I asked him about my Gin and tonic in a 17 oz glass... He thought that was just fine and so did the bartender? So if you like a cocktail before dinner like I do, I might first ask for it to be served in a glass that is not for water. Have these people ever heard of a high ball? Besides this everything was smooth. We even took our last glass of wine out on the patio and found two open seats.