“Fabulous Family Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I have been an MV summer resident for nearly 15 years and this was my first trip to Chesca's. I went with my husband and two children (10 and 15) for my birthday dinner. I had heard good things and we decided to try it. Menu is well balanced with classic dishes and many choices. We had the Sole Picatta, Chicken Marsala "bento box", clam chowder and Short Ribs, warm chocolate cake and key lime pie. All were plentiful and delicious. Service was very good as well. The space is loud but it is a good atmosphere.

Reservations are not taken for less than 6 but the beauty is the porch were you can order a drink and wait for your table outside.

I hesitate to go out to dinner most of the time on MV because it is expensive and I am normally "underwhelmed." This was a very pleasant surprise and we will go back!

PS: the waitress overheard it was my birthday and the key lime pie came with a candle:)

mrroonie, Owner at Chesca's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Thank you so very much! You have written a most lovely review of us and we appreciate it.

Your sentiments were heartfelt and we would love to meet you...perhaps this summer?

Our staff is great.

Most sincerely

Jo and David

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We wandered in on a Thursday night and sat at the very small bar to eat. The bartender Shawn was great throughout. We started with 2 appetizers: warm Gorgonzola dip with shrimp and a cheese platter. Dinner was braised short ribs and a bento box: clam chowder, salad, chicken marsala, chives mashed potatoes and seasoned vegetables. Everything was excellent. So glad we wandered in.

A little late with our response, I am afraid, but thank you very much. We appreciate your positive review of us and are glad that you enjoyed yourselves.
Most sincerely,
Jo and David.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This restaurant met my ultimate satisfaction. The dining room was lovely and clean, the atmosphere was wonderful and the staff, especially our waiter Kevin, was flawless and attentive. I started with a glass of red wine, then had a Tuscan white bean soup with lots of vegetables. My main course, mussels in a ginger and white wine sauce, was actually an appetizer because I did not want to eat too much, It was absolutely delicious. Then for dessert I had a brownie with hot fudge and ice cream. Yummy! Thank you Chesca's Restaurant. You'll definitely see me eating there again.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We visit the island often and always cone back to Chescas for a consistently good meal. Great bartender and great atmosphere. See you next year!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I have been to Chesca about five times this summer. It is becoming my favorite place to eat. The food is consistently excellent. The service is wonderful. Tonight we had Kevin. He was the right balance of attentive but also giving us the time to just relax and enjoy the evening.

The portions are perfect vs Detente which seems to be getting smaller and smaller portions.

I also love how responsive Chesca is to looking at re views and trying to make sure that they respond to any issues.

Chesca A+