“Music and food was amazing!”

Chesca's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We went during the peak of the summer. We did not have a reservation but tried to get a table anyway! There was a 45 minute wait for a table of 2. The hostess said we could sit at the bar (looks out on the square) which was perfect because there was live music in the square. The drinks were tasty and good amount of food for the value. Our service was a little slow, understable for the high volume! Will go back!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Went to dinner here with my family this fall. We had never been here even thought the place has been around for years. The venue is lovely. The staff was informed and attentive without being intrusive. I started with the Asian Pear salad which was delicious...very fresh and flavorful. I then had the Lobster Ravioli with Seared Scallops in a light sherry sauce as an entree. It was delicious. Rich without being heavy. The pricing is typical for the Vineyard. It was a pleasant evening in a lovely and relaxed setting. We arrived at 6:45 and there were very few patrons but as the evening progressed the room filled up with a variety of patrons...some old, some young, some families, some dates. Overall a very good dining experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Our server was very helpful. Even suggested a single malt for after dinner. It was terrific and I had never heard of it. We were quite impressed by the diner. Excellent service and lots of choices on the menu.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We enjoyed our meal. It was not of a high culinary class but was tasty and enjoyable, especially on a windy wet MV evening.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I have been an MV summer resident for nearly 15 years and this was my first trip to Chesca's. I went with my husband and two children (10 and 15) for my birthday dinner. I had heard good things and we decided to try it. Menu is well balanced with classic dishes and many choices. We had the Sole Picatta, Chicken Marsala "bento box", clam chowder and Short Ribs, warm chocolate cake and key lime pie. All were plentiful and delicious. Service was very good as well. The space is loud but it is a good atmosphere.

Reservations are not taken for less than 6 but the beauty is the porch were you can order a drink and wait for your table outside.

I hesitate to go out to dinner most of the time on MV because it is expensive and I am normally "underwhelmed." This was a very pleasant surprise and we will go back!

PS: the waitress overheard it was my birthday and the key lime pie came with a candle:)

Date of visit: September 2017
mrroonie, Owner at Chesca's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Thank you so very much! You have written a most lovely review of us and we appreciate it.

Your sentiments were heartfelt and we would love to meet you...perhaps this summer?

Our staff is great.