1,089 results
All reviews main building front porch mayhew building edgartown lighthouse off season martha's vineyard lighthouse grill rocking chairs the cottages beautiful hotel hotel bar light house wrap around porch water view new england lobster roll shops and restaurants
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Quiet area
Beautiful setting
Elevator
Good toiletries
Fruit and water complimentary in the lobby
Free parking (limited. First come first serve)
Free WiFi ( worked 98% of the time)
Beautiful porch with rocking chairs
Heated pool
Ice machine available

Cons:
Room old and weathered.
Shower leaking
Staff not friendly
Pricy for what you’re getting

We had the opportunity to stay at another hotel on day one which was cheaper and overall better than this place and that is why I have given it a three star.
I expected more. I think if the staff made us feel welcomed and cared about what was going on, it could have gotten a four.

The hotel is a 10min walk from restaurants, stores and bars. We stayed in the main house. I can’t vouch for the other rooms.

First the good stuff: We were able to check in early. They did hold our bags while the room was being prepared for us. The lobby is beautiful and always has a fire in the fireplace going. They have water and fruits to snack on. The porch is perfect for afternoon tea or even to read a book. The area is pretty quiet, so can definitely have the peace you need.
The rooms are big. The bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge and a keurig. The bathroom was clean and had great toiletries. There’s an iron and an ironing board. The closet is spacious enough.
The Parking is free. Even though it was limited, we never found a problem finding a space.

The not so good:
Our room was on the second floor facing the parking lot. What threw us off is the little things that could be done to make it look presentable. The plate around the sprinkler was dangling. Same with the one around the vent. The door trims were either stained or cracked. The paint was peeling. The shower leaked all day and night. We did inform the front desk and it still leaked when we returned. The toilet lever must be held down for a prolonged period of time in order to flush.
Staff never acknowledged us. One day it was pouring and we came in wet. At any other hotel, you would expect someone to ask if you need a towel or something, this didn’t happen here even though there were at least 5 staff members around. For over $500 (depending on what deal you get) a night to stay at this hotel, I expected better rooms and customer service.

I would say to look around prior to booking this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Well kept grounds and rooms. A bit older but decently maintained. We stayed during the off season and apparently they cut the AC. Not good for a warm night. Staff was nice to bring us a couple of fans to help us from sweating all night.
Not worth the price we paid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Enjoyed an excellent meal at Henry's this past Saturday evening with friends and family.
Was greeted by the sunny hostess, Francesca, who showed us to our table where we were met by our waiter, Chris. We began our meal with a variety of fun cocktails, a cheese plate, and charcuterie plate. Very unique plates and delicious! Chris was very attentive and answered all of our questions including from a friend with a food allergy. Anja was also very attentive when refilling our water glasses and bread basket.
Our meals were outstanding, especially the Knuckle Sandwich! Ended our meal with the signature warm cookies and milk- such a fun way to end the evening. Thank you, Henry's, you never disappoint!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Diana R, General Manager at Harbor View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear kamodio,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed Henry's. I hope your family and friends were also delighted. I will thank Francesca, Chris, and Anja. In addition, thank you for your praises regarding the meals. The Chef would be pleased to know that you thought the Knuckle Sandwich and Signature Warm Cookies and Milk were a good treat to end your evening. I am very fortunate to work with an incredible team. Again, thank you for your compliments. We hope to see you again soon when your travels take you to the Vineyard.

Diana Rosure

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I honestly can’t believe this is the nicest hotel on the island. Or so they say. The rooms are so horrendous it baffles my mind anyone would stay here for the prices they are charging. It’s insulting that we are given a false sense of reality when booking at this hotel. Or should I say motel. The rooms are about as nice as a motel 6. The service isn’t so great either. Ask for turn down service and they tell you “we don’t have turn down service”. That was told to me by the manager on duty. The room was $800 a night so it’s not out of the ordinary to expect that level of service. The only thing this hotel has going for it is its location. But I’m sure there are other places that have convenient locations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Diana R, General Manager at Harbor View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear Brian S,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Harbor View Hotel. The issues you had in regards to service and accommodations are not acceptable and I sincerely apologize. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback so that we may address the issues you mentioned. I left you a private message to follow up with you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, so we can restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

First of all, this is a beautiful hotel in a great location. Excellent service all around! Concierge especially was helpful- and I had a ton of questions! Not usually picky but just wanted to make the most of our time. Ask for Darlene! She was the most polite, personable and helpful person I’ve ever worked with at a hotel. She set my family up with an island tour and fishing trip. Will reach out to her personally when we return- she was always available and happy to help.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bretagne S
Diana R, General Manager at Harbor View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Dear Bretagne S,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you loved the hotel's location and you found service to be great all around. We delight in making our guests happy and I am glad to hear that what we do resonated with you. Darlene is one of our celebrated concierge. Many of our guests enjoy the services she provides and ask for her for all the reasons you shared in your review. We are hoping you return soon for another island tour and fishing trip. We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to the Vineyard.

Warmest Regards,