“What a find!!!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Erving
Price range: US$6 - US$6
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

What an awesome place!! On our way back to NY after a weekend in MA. We were greeted warmly by the owner. Had our 2 young boys with us. We thought it was so awesome it was a sandwich place and you could get a draft beer. I got a blueberry wheat beer and my husband a Sam summer. He even out little blueberries in the beer. (Nice touch!) I ordered the mountain man sandwich and my husband the club. They were delicious!!! And we ordered Mac and cheese for our 3 year old. He didn't eat it but boy was it delicious!! Nice and creamy!! I think our bill was about $25. Can't beat that. What a happy find!!

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

I stopped by mid afternoon for a late lunch. Greeted by the owner Mike.
I had a cup of chowder, a great sandwich and a draft beer. Now the clam chowder. I had to look for the potatoes but it was loaded with clams and very good.
The tab came to $15 which was quite reasonable. Will be back!

1  Thank chas118
Reviewed September 13, 2015

A long and rainy ride on Route 2, we stopped in for home made sandwich and drafts... and BOOM!! Ortiz hits his 500th home run while we were watching at the bar!! Win/Win!

Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

While heading to Wilmington, Vermont, our (very) winding road took us through Erving, Massachusetts. We were hungry, and also getting a little annoyed by the nice lady (voice) of Google Maps. A solution was found. We would stop and eat. We knew the Crooked Tap was highly rated, and we soon found out why. We had some amazing fresh NE clam chowder for starters and really tasty deli sandwich halves. The Crooked Tap also has a nice selection of chips and crunchy faves, as well as some good cookies. Fresh popcorn is the standard complementary bar food, and there was no shortage.

Service was prompt, very friendly, and helpful. The owner was our server. He's super friendly and helpful. We were greeted as if we were local friends. That's a winning touch.

The omni-gender restroom is very clean and modern. The decor generally is tidy, simple, and inviting. Cleanliness is standard.

The sandwiches are priced reasonably at the 7-ish dollar range, and are truly enough for two. The bread is fresh and just delightful. The meats and cheeses are certainly deli-grade and flavorful. I had the turkey and ham sandwich; it was just plain excellent.

Your favorite bottled beers are likely in the case, and several good beers are on tap, including Sam Adams.

Parking is adjacent and sufficient. Including a round of beer, tip and tax, for a party of two expect to pay around $20-25.

I will probably never return to the Crooked Tap, only because of the distances involved. But on the other hand...

Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

First time here. Stopped on the way back from Boston. Go trip advisor. Mike was very welcoming. Hey, what's not to love about a guy that brings you popcorn! Had a hot winding road sandwich. Very tasty. Fine brightly appointed place. Will be back. Thanks Crooked Tap Cafe.