All reviews antique shops dunkin donuts view of the river fried clams essex river crane beach end unit watch the boats peabody museum north shore new england eateries within walking distance gorgeous location spent several local seafood morning coffee check in was easy
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Booked last minute and was able to get a nice room for 1 night. Found out the 1st day that I had to stay another night for business, checked with office and was told they were sold out. Short time later they contacted me and found a room, but would have to check out and back in to another room. I booked it. Then later the women in the office emailed me, left a letter at my door, and a voicemail that she was able to switch around reservations and that I could remain in the room for the 2nd night. She went way above and beyond to give excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cnort9050
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I've been driving by this motel for almost 10 years and finally had a chance to stay.. couldn't have been nicer...the people, the location, the scenery are lovely.. the room was great... fridge, tv, shower, everything you could possibly need -- even a flashlight for enjoying the nightlife (ie birds, stars, fish splashing, watching the tide go out...) walking distance to several good restaurants (including a Dunkin Donuts that opens at 5am (or is it 4am?)...I would highly recommend this for anyone who is going to be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Gotalife54
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Could not be more centrally located to enjoy Essex. friendly, clean and quiet. Many restaurants within a short walk and lots of antique shops. Right on the river, fun to watch the boats go byand relax.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed August 2, 2017

The fishing village of Essex, MA is a beautiful place and Shea's is located in the center with easy access to surrounding area's and the water.
We initially had some issues after the booking, however, the staff were MORE than accommodating in helping fix the issue which was resolved and exceeded our expectations. My extended family and friends all enjoyed their stay at Shea's!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sinead M
Reviewed August 1, 2017

We stayed just one night while heading to New York. Such a beautiful old Inn. The original hard wood floors were so beautiful. The furniture was simple and elegant. The bathroom was modern with dual shower heads, heat lamps, large glass doors and nice tile. VERY NICE. Everything was provided in our room including an extra blanket, pillow, large fluffy soft bath robes and even sleep masks were available in our room. We will definitely stay here again next time in the area.

Room Tip: The Inn is a MUST. Very quiet area.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple