All reviews event coordinator cape cod the staff was friendly and helpful martha's vineyard attached restaurant hot breakfast fall river nice breakfast front desk person king bed marina view bedford area short drive nice stay free breakfast beds were comfortable nice room
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My family & I stayed at the hotel for my birthday I got a complimentary free upgrade for it being my birthday the room was beautiful!! The pool & hot tub were amazing we had a blast!! Breakfast was so yummy crispy bacon eggs bagels muffins a variety of juices!! We will definitely be staying there again!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2018

Nice attached restaurant and lounge with good food and you can walk to it without going outside. Rooms were large and modern with a desk with plenty of places to plug in your devices. Hot breakfast included with your stay that included bacon and sausage plus coffee available all hours. Decent fitness center. Finally the staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

We held a ballroom dance weekend here... We had a package of rooms, meals, and the ballroom for about 100 people. SI&M was terrific. Those who attended the event were quite happy, and many of them expressed an interest in returning to this same venue, next year. Throughout the course of the weekend, Stephanie (events manager) was on site, and visible.... and accommodating on all things ranging from fussing with the lighting and temperature, to making sure that we had plenty of water at all times. One couple had an issue with the heat in their room, and we didn't learn of it until a couple hours after they reported it to the front desk... by that time, the heating unit had been replaced. We've been doing this event for many, many years, and knew what we were doing; I think their services would have been even more appreciated by someone doing an event (like a wedding) for the first time. They were very professional at all times.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jami F, Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet all your expectations for the Ballroom Dance weekend you had here. I hope to work with you again in the future for all your event and hotel accommodation needs.

Stephanie Pacheco
Events & Catering Manager
Seaport Inn and Marina

Reviewed April 1, 2018

The Good: Booking and check in was a breeze. Great location for getting into New Bedford. The price was right for 2 connecting rooms. The rooms are dated, and a bit worn, but I was happy to realize the black dot on the lampshade was not a bug, and what looked like a big tear in the curtain was indeed only a slash of black magic marker. And I only saw one hair on the bathroom counter, so I called it a good day! Other than that, the rooms appeared clean, and our beds were comfortable. Now the Bad: I never get a chance to travel with my two adult daughters and was thrilled when they donned their bathing suits to enjoy the hottub and pool. I had my book in hand to sit and read by the pool area. However, when we entered the pool area we were shocked that it was DARK, they had some kind of weird lighting and the music was SO LOUD, a deafening sound.....the whole experience was like being in a horrible disco during the 80's. We ventured in anyway to see if things improved, but the place was packed and there were NO CHAIRS to sit on. Spoke to the manager about this and he seemed bothered that I was speaking to him. My daughter mentioned afterwards "All those signs they have warning no lifeguard is on duty and it's swim at your own risk. Well, no one would even see a kid on the bottom of the pool nor hear them scream for help, because it so dark and so loud in there." We retired to our rooms figuring this place is horrible, only to be woken up two hours later by a girl in the adjoining room screaming on her phone to her mother for 30 minutes for leaving her in the hotel!!! And it gets better. Or worse, really. At almost 1 AM, we are awoken (again!) to a deafening chirping noise. We FINALLY figured out it was the room alarm clock going off! We honestly could not wait to check out the next morning. The sad thing is, we told the management of all these issues, and they just didn't care. The night manager was actually extremely condescending.

1  Thank sweetmama17
Jami F, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!

We're glad you hear part of your stay was enjoyable.

In regards to your issues with the pool, in the past we have accommodated guests' request for a dimmer atmosphere to allow them to better experience the color changing LED lights in our pool and to reduce glare on the TVs for their enjoyment. Thanks in part to the feedback from your husband and yourself, we have now updated our policies on pool area lighting to ensure the safety and satisfaction of all future guests utilizing the pool area during the evening hours.

The disturbance in the room next to you was an unfortunate disagreement between a couple and as soon as your husband brought it to our attention, we quickly rectified the issue with the assistance of the local authorities. We hope you can accept our apology on their behalf for the disturbance. We would also like to apologize for the alarm clock in your room being set and for such an early hour.

Lastly, the Guest Services Agent you spoke with at the front desk would like to extend his apologies for any miscommunication or if he came across as condescending during your conversation. He did try to accommodate you and your family to the best of his ability by taking the appropriate steps in rectifying your issues with the pool area and the disturbance you experienced. We will coach him on better communication skills when interacting with guests to prevent any future misunderstandings.

Should you have any further concerns or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kindest regards,
Guest Services
Seaport Inn & Marina

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Very nice place and was easy to book room. But we were in the middle of a storm and I had to bring my 3 fur babies with me. This is a pet friendly place and each animal is $25 BUT we left a few hours after we checked in due to getting power back at our home. We were told we had 10% taken off our bill because the toilet broke and it took maintenance over an hour to fix. I have not seen that on my credit card bill as of yet. Also upon leaving we were also told they would talk to management because we were not there that long and it was due to the storm. When my husband called a few days later the girl on the phone told him the room had to be extra sanitized because of my pets if someone comes in with allergies. So I am thinking I will be paying full price for a room that I had to put up with the toilet getting fixed for over an hour and was not told about the sanatizing. I would think if your a "pet friendly" hotel you would have rooms that pets do not go in for people with allergies. Will not recommend this place.