All reviews large outdoor pool room was large convenient location would stay again front desk staff two double beds woods hole island queen ferry new england ferry to martha's vineyard pros sofa
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Bette Davis' "What a dump," doesn't do justice to The Admiralty. We first stayed here in 2009 (we visit family in the area a few times a year), and it was a step or two above The Falmouth Inn, which is an awful motel. But the Admiralty has slid way downhill since. Our room was in the outer building, which the staff seems to attend to in a particularly haphazard fashion.

The doors lock only fitfully, and the lock in our room had to be removed and fixed because we couldn't get back into the room. The small, dingy suite smells, there's a lot of mold in the bathroom. There was a power strip (dirty coffee maker and microwave plugged in) immediately behind a leaky sink. There are cobwebs in the ceiling corners, curtain hems are unraveling, the wallpaper is peeling, and the sheets are clean. But they don't fit, so by morning, you're sleeping on the bare mattress.

The cleaning staff doesn't replace dirty glasses, cups, coffee, or towels consistently. Desk staff is somewhat surly, as if they're tired of hearing complaints (of which I am sure they get plenty). If The Admiralty remains even one tiny step above The Falmouth Inn, it is solely because the police didn't visit during our stay, but we are going to have to find another hotel next time we come up here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IveeNewJersey
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed two nights. One in regular room, one in 2 bedroom "suite". Faults I saw... and please I am NOT a picky traveler by any stretch. 1. siding falling off building. 2. Water came through ceiling to lower level when used whirlpool tub upstairs. 3. Spiral staircase railings were held together with electrical tape (I really wish I was kidding). 4. Landing at the top of staircase was made of 1/4" plywood. 5. Sheets did not fit bed. 6. Bathroom "updates" were totally half a**ed. 6. Caulk in bathroom was old, peeling. If there were any positives, the pool was nice. We paid a total of 500 dollars for two nights and we'd have been better off sleeping in our cars. Never would reccomend to ANYONE!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank ladodgers8
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed here because a family member was getting married nearby. I can't say I neccecarily liked the room. The toilet seat was painted instead of replaced. The roof/cieling were very outdated, and the beds just weren't that comfy. However both pools were very nice. The hot tub was nice, as well as the indoor and outdoor pools. The clearks were very nice as well. Overall though, I would try a different if I ever go to the Falmouth area again.

1  Thank yfwst7
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my sister for the 4th of July weekend in 2009 and we had a great time. My family has been vacationing in Falmouth since I was a child and I have to defend the hotel here. Of course this is not a 5 star hotel and they don't claim to be one. But, we had a nice clean room at a very low price, free breakfast and the staff was great and extremely accomodating. If you are looking for a luxurious experience and plan on staying in your room a lot, maybe try some place else. We spend all of our time at the beach or downtown so we are looking for a clean place to sleep and this met our needs. We are staying there again this year for the 4th. I am one to run away from gross hotels and I am coming back to this one.
If you are looking for a low price and a clean room give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stay away - I think this is where Hitchcock flimed the movie Psycho - It should be re-named the Bates Motel - Watch out for falling roof shingles - Would not even think of using the indoor pool - Bed ok, but cheap sheets (which do not fit), cheap pillows and no extra blankets - Believe or not, they painted the worn out toilet seat rather than replacing it - No heat in hallways and no security since the outside doors do not lock - This hotel is really, really worn out and should be replaced. The only good thing to say is there are plenty of other motels/hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple