All reviewsbritish beer companyfalmouth heights beachmartha's vineyardoff seasoncape codrecommend roomflights of stairsrestaurant onsiteacross streethot waterdelicious seafoodocean viewclean roomsice bucketcoffee makersmall roomjacuzzi tub
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel for a week with my family. The property is an excellent location. Across the street from the beach and close to town. Aside from that, everything regarding the hotel was terrible. The room was absolutely filthy and when I asked of someone could wipe down the bathroom floor being there was more hair on it then on my head from someone else, I was given an attitude by the front desk staff. The sink in the bathroom would leak brown water when it got wet and the shower floor was brown instead of white. I traveled with a baby so before leaving my husband checked under the bed to see if we lost anything and there was about three inches of dust and mites underneath. During the time there we could not step on the floor without shoes and when returning home my whole family became ill with colds. Upstairs from us was a pack of teenagers who kept us up the whole trip. When we reported the problem, not much was done to resolve. I normally do not write reviews but did not want another family to experience what we did.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mikejenjames
Reviewed July 28, 2017

While the motel has very nice landscaping and is conveniently located across the street from the beach, we found the motel to be poorly managed.The bathroom was long overdue for a refurbishing. The shower had a lot of mold as did the the area around the sink handles. We had to go to the store to buy flip flops to wear in the shower. We were never told that there was not a manager or owner on the premises after 10 PM. We found that out the hard way. Our smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector went off at 3:48 AM and there was no one there to help us rectify this problem. The directions in the room said to call the property manager's cell number. We called the number and left a message at 3:50 AM, 4:10 AM, 4:25 AM, 4:40 AM and 5 AM. We never got a call back. When the manager started his day at 9 AM, we expressed our concerns and frustrations. He told us that there was a new property manager and they neglected to update that information last May. I am just glad that we did not have children with us because this was a very unsettling experience.I have never been at a motel that only has employees on site from 9 AM to 10PM. After my many years of vacation travel, I have learned that I will always stay at a hotel/motel that has someone on the premises. We ended up checking out once the manager showed up and stayed at a well run motel in Rhode Island where the owner lives on the premises.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Catherine877
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Two of us stayed in Room 302 which is in the back building. We had a partial ocean view which was amazing in a hotel only charging $175 a night. Room had a refrigerator & microwave and most importantly it was quiet & we got a good night's sleep. The British Beer Co. restaurant is on sight and was just fine for a late dinner. I would recommend this hotel to families who want easy access to the beach. It's literally across a 2 lane road. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was b/c the shower curtain had lots of mold on it, there was no Kleenex box, plastic cups were left floating in the water in the ice bucket, and the floor of the shower needed to be replaced. And those ugly bedspreads they show in the photos on the website really are what you sleep under (although they were in good condition). In other words, other than some housekeeping issues, it's a great hotel for the price and I would recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank knabek3
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The place was​ definitely NOT child friendly for us.
We had the worst time there, we just waited to get back home.
The shower stream was so strong and unpleasant it literally made my 5 years old daughter to scream and cry each time she had to take a shower. After we complained for the first, second and third times and waited for 3 days to get a new shower head, we just got a pile to give the kids a shower like in the old days before they had showers. This is just a disgrace!!!
The room had a very strong scent of mold, so we had to leave the windows open and the AC on all the time.

This is definitely NOT a place to go back to!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Liran F
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We keep coming back. We have stayed in all 3 buildings, and every room with a view of the ocean is worth it. Family members stayed on 3rd floor of rear building and had a giant deck with great views. We stayed in building over the restaurant with direct view of beach. They warn you of noise in this room because of live entertainment below, but unless you are a light sleeper it doesnt bother you in summer with AC on. Beach is across the street.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family