“Beach and view (customer service lacking)”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 30 August 2017

If you can understand you are paying for beachfront and a gorgeous view - you won't mind the high room rates/ $400. We got a room overlooking a rubber roof and air conditioning units. The front desk person was not flexible with switching me to the building where my family was. Even though we were paying and bringing in about 50K for a wedding. She had an attitude. At night, we went to Red's for last call at 11:45pm, and the bartender (red haired gal) said "you have four minutes". (not hello)..She just wanted to go home, you could tell. She was not friendly at all. We were really disappointed in the attitude.The next day, we sat outside by the pool and waited 20 minutes for a waiter/waitress to greet us and take our order for lunch. As a bunch of them walked by and never acknowledged us- my husband couldn't take it anymore so he walked up to the bartender outside (red haired gal again) and ordered "average" hamburgers. The food isn't great at Red's. We went outside the resort.
The wedding (function) wait staff was great though! Kids seemed to have fun at pool and beach. Beds comfortable. Cleaning staff nice and prompt. Its all about the beach.

Room Tip: Courtyard or Ocean front, best but much extra $
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank amykins0711

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We found the staff friendly and the manager could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Rooms were comfortable and the location is beautiful.
Our kids loved the indoor pool. We visited during the off season and found good rates for the room. We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lisa f
Reviewed 29 August 2017

You're getting for the beach, which is of course very nice. But it's not THAT nice. After all, it's Buzzards Bay, not the Pacific.

Moreover, paying $440 for a decaying motel room facing the parking lot was a ripoff. Peeling paint, a drop ceiling in the bathroom that needs to be replaced, small and thin bath towels, etc. etc. So unless you have a need to pay a lot of money to be near a beach (by the way, there are other, free beaches nearby), don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gbsand59
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

I am sorry for your disappointment with your accommodations. During the summer months, with the frequency of turnovers in our guestrooms, we are not always able to address minor maintenance issues that surface as quickly as we would like. Some of our standard guestrooms, unfortunately, lack an ideal view. However, we do our best to offer amenities that factor into the price, such as providing chaise lounges, umbrellas and towels on our beach and daily activities morning until night as well as entertainment in the afternoons on the weekends.
I would like to offer you a free upgrade if you would consider returning to the Sea Crest to give us another try. Please contact my assistant at 508-356-2102.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

As many have said, the rooms are not great and it's expensive. For me, this is where the cons end. At least the beds are comfortable and the linens clean. The mini fridge may not be a 5* amenity, but do those of us with kids it's a great addition. The rooms are adequate, nothing more, nothing less.

I have now stayed here for a week, two years in a row and aside from the room/price, there is a lot to like about this resort.

We had a group of 8 (1/2 kids) here and we all like the beach. The beach is fantastic, especially for younger children. It's warm, placid and shallow for about 100 yards. It's soft and has fine sand.

Every morning I went down to the beach and had the attendants set up our group in the front row. They put out the chairs, umbrellas and towels. The rest of the day we hung out and watched the kids climbing/jumping off the big Maui mats that we rented. Having food/beverage service on the beach is also awesome, although they did seem a bit understaffed.

The sunsets on old silver beach are also amazing and the Tuesday night lobster dinner on the beach is incredible. Big high quality hard shelled lobster. We had a big group and took up two tables.

We didn't really use the pools, and I'm sure it's a great amenity for some families. I feel like this is a great family location in the summer. I read some other reviews complaining about kids. This may not be the place for you if you are looking for a quiet couples weekend.

The staff was also great. One night as we were going off site for dinner, our group was discussing the possibility of rain and our lack of umbrellas. We were all shuffling our children out of the hotel and did not stop to ask if the hotel could lend us an umbrella. One of the porters overheard the conversation and literally chased us down in the parking lot to give us an umbrella. One of the managers also helped my wife set up a boat charter for a large group as a birthday celebration. I felt like the service was top notch.

I really enjoy this resort and will be back.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We were there on a very busy August weekend and had a great deal on the room. We loved it. We were in the building that's pet-friendly, which only has a view of the parking lot and no beach view, but I think it was also quieter than the other buildings.

Sunday we had beautiful weather so the beach was packed and I heard people complain about waiting for drinks and food, but during the other 3 days of our stay service was fast.

My teen and pre-teen loved the arcade, pools, and ice cream shop. I loved the convenience of walking down to the crowded beach, getting beach towels, and having the attendant quickly set up 4 lounge chairs and 2 umbrellas for us. (The beach was so crowded one day that I could barely see the ocean from my chair.) My husband and I enjoyed drinks and pizza at the busy poolside bar while our kids stayed busy.

If you want a peaceful, quiet Cape Cod vacation this is not your place. If you want a fun family vacation right on the nicest beach in Falmouth, this is the place. The rooms were very plain and the AC was noisy, but the beds were comfortable and had nice white duvet covers (no polyester bedspreads). Buffet breakfast was $12 for kids and $19 for adults but was very nice and had great service. We'll stay again if we get another deal on a room.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We just spent the 3 nights on the Cape, staying somewhere different each night. Our night here was the last one, and by far the most expensive (our previous lodgings were oceanside, and an historic inn). It's an expense that I regret. The website for this hotel is misleading....it appears classy, quiet, and smaller than it is. In reality it's huge, with about 8 different buildings with lodging rooms, in addition to the conference area, restaurants, and other common areas. Our room (319) was large, and had a balcony from which we could see the ocean to the left, which was exactly as described. However, the balcony (which I believe is referred to as a "sundeck", which it's not) is open all the way down the side of the building with only open railings between units. The air conditioner unit for the next door room was so loud that we couldn't even sit outside and hear anything else......and when the fan cycled on it literally sounded like a plane taking off.......I could also hear it inside the room on and off all night long. There was an ear plug from some previous occupant under the edge of the bed, which was kind of gross, even though I could understand why they'd needed it, and the maintenance of the place seemed lacking: loose fixtures in the bathroom, loose toilet seat, and ripped screen on the window. However, the worst part, to us, was the noise level throughout the facility. The vibe we got was that this was just a big party place for people that like to drink and be rowdy. People were playing their music loudly on the beach, which competed with the loud music emitting from what we assumed to be the facility's bar. The building where our room was had a lot of hard surfaces, and the sound of loud people in the hallways was impossible to block out. The lobby was absolute mayhem in the morning......so loud that the desk person on the phone had to block one ear while trying to listen on the phone with the other ear. Between the kids running everywhere and the equally loud adults, as well as the facility condition, this place is definitely not in the class to fit the price they charge. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Anne M
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments with us as they help to alert us to areas where improvements are needed. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for our failure to provide you with the level of facilities you expected. My maintenance manager has been informed of the specific items you mentioned that need attention. I have also shared your comments with the housekeeping manager to communicate the importance of staff reporting where maintenance is required.
During the summer months being on the ocean, the Sea Crest is in high demand. On the weekends, we offer entertainment in the afternoons (weather permitting) for our guest’s pleasure. We abide the Town of Falmouth’s noise ordinance. With the many weddings held here, the guests are celebrating with their friends and families. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future, perhaps at a quieter time. My assistant at 508-356-2102, would be happy to assist you with the reservation.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My Family and I have been here three times . Past three years and every time has been a wonderful time.
I absolutely love the beach! Just steps from our room location.
Cozy, food is pretty good. My daughter loves the breakfast. A little pricey.
We will be here next year. A lovely place to visit.
Thank you to the staff for making our visit a pleasant stay.

1  Thank catheridct
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
36.4 km away
34.9 km away
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!