1,082 results
All reviews outdoor pool silver beach poolside bar beach staff cape cod breakfast buffet ocean front great beach pool side private beach buzzards bay wedding guests lounge chairs the room was nice king bed new owners no elevator
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Stayed here for three nights during tour of area. Great location overlooking the beach. Public rooms very good but bedroom needs some work. The towel rail was hanging off in the bathroom and actually fell off the second night. I was standing in bath and reaching for the towel and the rail fell off causing me to topple and bang my leg. Also the plug wouldn't stay down in the washbasin and we had to wrap a small towel round it. As we were only staying a few days we didn't report these problems and the cleaning staff would already have been aware of the towel rail. On the plus side, the room was clean and comfortable. All the staff we met were friendly, particularly the guy in the gift shop. Breakfast was excellent and the couple of dinners we had were delicious but expensive. We had a lobster dinner one night with our fellow tourers and this was really good and the staff were on hand to show the novices how to tackle the lobster. When the rooms are updated this will be an excellent hotel.

Room tip: A sea view room would be good. Some of the rooms overlook the car park,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuziQWorcestershire
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The views, the sand, the surf all stunning! The rooms damn do they need updating. Service is ok at best. The staff seems like they want to do well it simply seems like the owners of the hotel are milking the location for all they can.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank MyStandards
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The Sea Crest is a beautiful venue...mostly. What could be better than a beautiful ocean front hotel. Well...not exactly. The entry was beautiful-a harbinger of great things to come. Excellent welcoming staff soon turned to a mostly foreign staff that smiled but did little to enhance our stay. Rooms, while identical, were tired and in need of a rehab. The food is a "C". My dinner at "Reds", a filet mignon ($42) prepared rare, was forgotten and served 20 minutes after everyone else's dinner and was a thrown together well-done hockey puck. The apologetic manager offered to cook another dinner for me, but seeing everyone else had finished their dinner ten minutes earlier, I declined. He graciously offered not to charge me for the filet...really? i finally had some heavily breaded chicken tenders in the bar watered down with an over-priced margherita. Everything there was slow- the elevator, the service, the lack of a beach attendant...everything. Positive things? A nice Romanian bartender....I guess thats about it. Everyone was so complacent and between the tour groups and special events no one cared to provide real service. The location and beach were lovely but do not make a resort. Get some new management and an influx of capex and you might have a winning resort. Until then, i might go back, but only at a deep discount.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Edward A
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Our experience as hosts to my daughter's beach wedding could not have been better; Caitlin's accommodating and calming enthusiasm kept the service in order (despite our delays and her 2 other weddings that day) and the entire staff's welcoming and helpful demeanor - from bartenders to servers to security - made for a really great and unforgettable event.
Yes - the rooms and facility could use a bit of updating but they were clean albeit a bit pricy......Great breakfasts and photo worthy sunsets were enjoyed by all our guests.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the sea crest a couple weeks ago for my friends wedding. The wedding was beautiful, they did a really nice job, the hotel itself seemed pretty nice, we had good meals at two or three of the on-site restaurants/bars, service was always really friendly/professional. Our room itself was nothing special, but it wasn't bad, my complaint is what happened when I left the room. The day of the wedding we were out with our friends all morning (we shared a room with another couple) but none of us stopped by the room until around 2. When I got back I noticed home keeping had stopped by pretty quickly because my purse was on top of my friends bed instead of ours, I quickly assumed it was moved so the bed could be made and started getting ready. While I was re-packing my mini-clutch to bring to the wedding, I opened my wallet and instantly realized that all my $100 bills were gone. I'm a bartender, so I have a good amount of cash in my wallet, all the $20 bills and smaller were still there (I assumed) but I was absolutely positive there was at least three 100's as well. I tried not to freak out and waited till my boyfriend got back to make sure he didn't grab them needing to borrow cash real quick, a quick NO. After the ceremony we decided we had to address the situation (kinda a damper on a beautiful event) and went to the front desk to explain what happened. We weren't aggressive or angry (looking back maybe we should have been) we just obviously had to let them know ASAP. The two at the counter looked, confused and uncomfortable, understandable reaction, zero recovery. They kinda just fumbled and mumbled around, without an apology or anything and we kinda just walked off awkwardly. WHATEVER it's an awkward situation, I get it. We checked out the next day and before I woke up my friend staying in the room with us told me she found the head maintenance guy and told him what happened, she said he seemed very caring and upset about it all, promised he'd look into a solution. Well, two weeks later and I haven't seen one, nothing was said to us during check out, we actually had an additional charge on our room which was their mistake? What? And that was that, some guest service, we paid almost $600 for two nights, plus the $400 missing, even if your not going to offer anything please offer an apology. Clearly just figured that was the end of it all cause we're younger adults and we had checked out! I would never recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank 184jazminr
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Please accept my sincere apologies for my delayed response. When a theft occurs, it requires a full investigation. The lock interrogation concluded that our housekeeping staff entered in the morning and that there were multiple entries using your guest keys throughout the day. It is difficult to prove a theft without substantial proof. Our night manager called your room later that evening to gather additional information and left a message with David who said he would relay the message to you. When we never heard back from you, we were hopeful that you had discovered the money. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact my assistant at 508-356-2102.