“Always a great experience”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
San Diego, California
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have stayed here multiple times over the past 3 years and have always had an excellent experience. They used to have Suites which were over the top in comfort and amenities. They recently renovated those into regular rooms which I think was a big mistake as it took away from some of the reasons to go and stay there.

That said the rooms are always comfortable, clean, modern and inexpensive.

The Gillette Stadium, shopping, restaurant, museum and entertainment complex is just outside your door and has something for everyone (Game day or not). The Aveda Spa is top notch, but book treatments early to avoid schedule disappointments.

It's a great place on game day, but you'll be hit with a $50/night valet charge for your car.

If you're in the area and want a nice get-away, this place is well worth considering.

Go Patriots!

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing view so you can overlook the shopping mall and football stadium. Otherwise you...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed here for business/leisure trip. Location is great for access to both Boston and Providence. Staff were fantastic, from front desk to room service, housekeepers, etc. Very friendly and great attitudes. My room was super clean and had a great view of Gillette stadium. The bed was extremely comfortable. I look for quieter areas when I travel. This area in March is that way, and makes getting around and shopping much more enjoyable. Mr Kraft knew what he was doing when he built this complex! Football & top shopping!!

• Stayed March 2011
Bethany Beach, DE
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This is the only place to stay if going to a Patriot's game since it is the only hotel within walking distance. My husband & I stayed in the area visiting and my husband took in a game -- well worth the stay! The hotel is very clean & has an attentive staff. I would have preferred a refrigerator in our room since we stayed 4 days but I never requested one so perhaps they would have accomodated since they were very gracious throughout. The room was clean (most important to me) & they use Aveda products (very nice). They house a great restaurant which was very convenient for us as well as some great shopping just outside their doors. Overall it was a great stay -- average pricing for a hotel of this caliber -- not cheap but no surprises. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linnie D
New York City
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa Patriot Place for 2 nights for a family gathering recently. My husband, toddler and 9 month old were in one room and the hotel was very accommodating providing a pack n play for the baby to sleep in. The first night was fine however the 2nd night our room was surrounded by members of a wedding party which I felt was a big oversight by the front desk for putting us there. The wedding party members were running from room to room, slamming doors and yelling from 1am to 3am...needless to say this woke up our 9 month old. The hotel was very responsive, sending up security and trying to contain the ruckus. When I went down at 3am to talk to the front desk staff they were very apologetic. In the morning the manager also apologized and ended up comping our 2nd night.

The hotel is well-located, well-appointed and well-run.

The restaurant on site was also excellent and all staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Blandford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed for one night on business. The room was great. Hotel is beautiful. Aveda toiletries. Comfy pillows. However, the food is a little pricy and I didn't think it was worth the money. Got an appetizer on special (hand made chips and dip). There were so few chips we had more than half the dip left so we asked for more but were told "sorry, you would have to place another order". This is just one example of how the staff seemed as if they were too stuck on their high end hotel rather than being accommodating and ensuring guest satisfaction. C'mon, chips? Is that too much to ask for when a meal for the group is $300?

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank RedHead829
Easthampton
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance @ Patriot Stadium one night for a transportation conference. All was great with the hotel, restaurant and the staff. However I stayed in room 206 which is on the front side of the building over the loading dock. At 5:00AM a truck pulled up and idled for over an hour. No sense to complain I was already up and couldn't go back to sleep anyway. You'll have to ask to be on the back side of the building.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Briandiver
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Thank you for choosing the Boston Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa for your travel needs and I appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to succeed in improving our service to you and others.

I was pleased to see that your overall impression of our hotel, restaurant and staff was favorable. I was however disappointed to hear your stay was less than perfect due to the truck noise outside of your room. Our goal at the Boston Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa is to ensure that every guest leaves completely satisfied with all aspects of their visit. We truly value your business and would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Please feel free to personally reach out to me and it will be my pleasure to insure you are located in a quieter area of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Jeff Roike
Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I am a long time Patriots fan but living in the UK they are not the easiest team for me to see. When we visited Cape Cod I added this hotel onto the end of our trip giving the chance to see Gillette and the Pats. The hotel is great very pleasant and the room was beautiful. Very spacious and the bathroom was great, probably the best shower is any hotel I have visited, almost rivalling my home shower. We had a view of the stadium and it was a great view, day and night. The location is great all the shops and restaurants at Patriot Place and it’s a 3 minute walk to Gillette. Great hotel and I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
0.1 km away
6.8 km away
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!