“Old school Italian-American style, even the mice like it ;)”

La Cantina Italiana
Ranked #19 of 214 Restaurants in Framingham
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2017

First time I ever saw Passatelli soup on a menu and it was delicious, just the right blend of cheese and nutmeg.
The manicotti was terrific as was the chicken parmesan.
The sauce was so good I took home a jar. The price is just right for a family dinner.
We had one issue though, when a mouse ran across the floor.
We notified the staff and they ignored the whole thing and looked at us like we were crazy. I guess they couldn't start chasing a mouse around with a roomful of customers.
I would give it 5 stars as the food is old time-y good, but after the event with the mouse I could only give it 4.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We have been dining here for many years and have never been disappointed. Great meals but disappointed that they removed the lamb shank from the Thursday night specials. Staff are very friendly and alert for your needs.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

My son and I went to this restaurant on a Saturday night and had no wait for a hightop table in the bar area. Our we
Wait person, Mikah, was friendly from the get go and helpful in guiding our selections. I had the chicken Parm, my son had chicken saltimbocca. Both dishes came with pasta and salad. The salad had the restaurants famous salad dressing. Crispy lettuce with really good dressing. We were able to order pastas with oil and garlic. We are talking garlic! Slices of roasted garlic imparted a wonderful flavor. Portions were large. We both left with doggy bags and will have enough for a meal tomorrow. Price points were good. I'll be back again!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Last minute dinner out, and never a disappointment at LaCantina! Veal parm is superb, and the clam dinner special was wonderful!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

This is a nice, family run place with reasonably well-prepared food, and plenty of free off-street parking. The chicken parm was tasty but a bit overcooked to the point where it was a bit tough, but their pastries are very tasty. Will come back again in cooler weather to try their fall fare.