“This was my late mom's favorite spot”

Bella Costa Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Costa Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Framingham
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.
Reviewed January 4, 2018

Bella Costa will always hold a special place in my heart, having been my mom's favorite place for a meal out. In fact, we came here after her funeral with family and friends to keep her memory alive.

It's not necessarily the best Italian food around, but all the standards are on the menu and the service is top notch. The owners and wait staff are all attentive and caring, with a singular focus on taking care of their customers. That's what helps keep their loyal customers coming back.

If you're in the area and you want a hearty, Italian-style meal delivered with a smile, Bella Costa is your place!

1  Thank HockeyDad95

Reviewed December 11, 2017

While passing through the area stopped here for dinner. I was a bit hesitant as it is in a strip mall but inside you would never know. Nicely lit bar area and lots of table. Restaurant is on the smaller side but it is very cozy and reminded me of restaurants in the North End in Boston. Our waitress Carol was very friendly and very attentive. They have a menu with good selections and many price points. Not just pasta here, lots of meat and seafood options. They also had a specials list which had lots of good options. My husband and I both started with the French Onion Soup, which was flavorful and generous with cheese. I had the steak salad and my husband had the special, beef short rib. Both were perfectly cooked, portions were generous and we were very happy. The wine menu was good and I felt the prices were most reasonable I have seen in a long time. Great spot for a great meal.

1  Thank Travelbugsforlife
Reviewed December 7, 2017

My wife and I eat here often for lunch. Great food great atmosphere, great food and great service. We particularly enjoy the small plate seafood platter and the salads, but really everything is yummy. Never had a bad meal there. Prices are all under $15.00 per entree

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Well, I didn't write a review of first visit, it would have been the same.
1. Upon seating, the host tipped over wine glass that shattered on the floor...that's human, but it was not a priority to clean up. I had to make it happen and the guy who cleaned it could not have cared less, leaving shards under our table, etc.
2. The server, although very nice, was not knowledgeable at all. And, service was slow and was not attentive at all.
3. The martinis are tiny in tiny glasses.
4. One of us (of 4) ordered a salad without pecans (very specific food allergy), it came out with pecans, she had to wait another 15 minutes for another salad, while our food sat there, so we started eating almost finishing without her having more than 3 bites and nothing but "I'm sorry" from the server.
5. I ordered veal parm...oh boy...the pasta was fine, but the sauce tasted like it came out of a can, no spices, no thoughtfulness or creativity to the sauce. The cheese on top, was like shredded mozz put on at the last minute, barely melted. But the grand finale was the veal...I took most of it home so I could measure the thickness. The veal measured at less than 1/8" thick (once you found it inside the breading)...!!! It was like the thickness of a roast beef cold cut. Disgusting!!
6. The chicken parm was a little thicker, but the same in taste/cheese/sauce as the veal, and a little thicker, and my client was very dissatified.
7. The veal marsala was just OK and the veal was a tad thicker in that dish, but not by much.
8. Dessert..we split a chocolate lava cake...?? What, it was like it came out of an EZ bake oven and the waitress poured warmed chocolate sauce on it at the table!!! It was also, disgusting.
9. I ordered a port wine with dessert, it came in a small, white wine glass (a great pour) but just way wrong to too much.

And oh, for gluten free stuff, "call ahead"....that is what we were told!

Other than that, it was....uh, I will not go back!! Stay away...i have no idea how it made #4 on the list...I'm an italian restaurant junkie...this should be a fast food place...sorry to say.

1  Thank Diversefi
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We were craving pasta and Bells Costa was close by. I hadn’t been there in years. Found a parking spot and didn’t need to use the valet. The restaurant looked updated and clean. We were seated right away. Drinks were ordered, fresh hot bread was delivered to the table. We both ordered pasta. It was very reasonable priced. The waiter walked into the kitchen and right back out with our dishes. It was surprisingly fast. The rigatoni was mushy. I was disappointed. I don’t like over cooked pasta, I prefer al dente. The waiter was attentive but asked if we wanted anything else while I was still eating my diner.

Since we went specifically to satisfy our pasta craving, I am basing my rating on the mushy pasta alone, I am giving 2 stars. All other aspects of the experience would garner more stars.