See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2015

Beautiful flowers, homey atmosphore greet you at this motel. It is convenient to everything and offers everything you need even in the cozy (small rooms.) When we booked the least expensive room the owner was very honest about the rooms small size. We are very please with the quality for the price. The place is scrupiously clean. I don't know why anyone would complain. The motel is family run and small; so it is not open 24/7 but the owners do supply an emergency contact number. We will return.

Room Tip: The rooms are all different based on your needs: small, least expensive; romantic with Jacuzzi & fireplace, family suitable with kitchens.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily D
Reviewed June 25, 2015

We thought this would be a great hotel given its proximity to The Beautiful Wingaersheek Beach!!! The inn keepers are never available, and it's common for them to just close the office. My childs room was in a closet!!!! I was shocked the Jacuzzi had black think gunk coming out. All these complaints went unresolved!! Follow the other reviess who also experienced this pit!!! Beds were horrible!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jack B
Management response:Responded July 14, 2015

I am sorry to hear that our guest had a poor experience. We do have an assortment of rooms and some of them are small but they are also are least expensive options. They are also are most popular rooms because of price.
My wife and I run the business together and live on the property.We do occasionally go out to lunch or out to dinner but post a sign with the time we will return(usually within 90 minutes). My cell phone # is also posted on the door so I am available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We have foynd mattresses to be a personal choice and some guests rave about the same mattress that another guest does not like. We have replaced 3 mattresses this year and 4 last year wich is more than half our rooms and will continue to do so as required.
As far as the Jacuzzi is concerned we did have a motor burn out in one of the rooms and have since put it out of service. It did cause oil leakage that may have been the issue. Otherwise our jacuzzis are cleaned regularly as they should be.
I hope this helps
Thanks

Reviewed November 2, 2014

Having traveled all around the world, we have stayed in everything from 1-star to 5-star motel/hotels. The Wingaersheek motel is an over-priced dive of Gloucester. The owner, Roger [--] is a real estate agent who treats this property as if he's a slum lord. He obviously handles several rental properties.

The property is in high need of basic maintenance. The service is one to be desired, mainly from the front office.Had to go to the office and request ice. Upon meeting Roger, I was instructed that his ice maker was jammed and I could go to a convenience store down the road???? Wingaersheek is in the middle of nowhere? Staff doesn't clean coffee maker and seems unmotivated, even though we leave a daily tip. You'll need to pack you own shampoo as the hotel is reluctant to replenish. The decor is in dire need of a makeover. The floor is a death-trip-trap with the novice carpentry exhibited between the faux hardwood and the ceramic tile. The shower is an accident waiting to happen. It has the feel and show of a "good enough for who it is for". For the money, you'd be better off to explore the Castle Manor Inn, (just down the road) or, for off-season stays, the Cape Ann Marina. If visiting during normal season, Bass Rocks Inn is a highly recommended establishment.

As for the bed quality, it's not new hotness. Old and busted appears to be the norm. Mini fridge is on the floor with a microwave sitting on top. A trashy view of a fill pit fills your view from the Itty-bitty rear landing behind the motel. They fail to inform you that there's a fill-pit 50 feet fro the back of the motel that is frequented 12 hours per day by dump trucks. So any piece-and-quiet promised is incorrect.

Any amenities are a joke. Free WIFI should be free, as you hardly ever have a connection. Very frustrating. Drink machine out front is out-of-order. When housekeeping finishes "servicing" your room, expect the temp to be lowered to 55 degrees. It's a norm for the off-season. I believe I've spent more money on an oil-change for my vehicle that the decor in our room.

Please note: this not a review from a rookie Adviser. We always tell it like it is with absolute honestly.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sabrina H
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I am a former Gloucester Resident and I was traveling with my wife and young child to visit family. We stayed in suite 10 and I have to say it was pleasantly surprised at not only clean and neat everything was hut how big the room was. It was actually larger then our first apartment. The theme of the room was perfect for Gloucester. The staff was warm and welcoming and were there everyday o check on us to see if there was anything they could do. Great experience and would stay there again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank frsty999
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at the Wingaersheek Motel a couple of days ago. It is located right off MA128 and few minutes away from Gloucester center. We had cottage 9 which was very clean and immaculate. I must mention the thoughtful tasteful decor. Everything is done very tastefully and in beach colors! No luxury frills but everything you need.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family