“Awesome food, limited seating”
Review of Virgilio's

Virgilio's
Ranked #3 of 149 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 1, 2017

I loved this place. I live 45 minutes away but I'm going to plan a trip back just for these sandwiches!

I ordered a North Ender (prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, oil & fresh basil) for $6.50 and I split a plain cannoli with a friend. They were SO good! I wasn't joking about driving all that way just for a couple of sandwiches. We both loved it!

The cannoli was great, too. I'm a bit of a cannoli connosieur, so trust me on this.

I knocked off a point for the limited seating; there were only about 4 small tables outside and 2 inside. When we arrived (around noon on a Sunday) the place was packed, standing room only.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

You don't have to go into East Boston to get some super Italian pastries. Just go to Virgilios. Everything made on the premises including some Portuguese delicacies as well. We were very satisfied. Wish they had more choices for their cannolis. They were delicious.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Great and friendly service!
Picked up Italian shortbread cookie w/ raspberry filling and a cannoli...both were delish.
The cannoli was the best I have ever had...the creme filling was perfect...will definately go back again!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

This place is the real deal. Old school Italian grocery. Great baked goods. Incredible sandwich - the bread is in the top 5 I've experienced.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

I spelled it right. I am very Italian and that's what my senior relatives would call them, tongue in cheek! Nice people in there. Reminds me of the old family bakeries in the North End of Boston where my family hales from. My first St. Joe's sangwich was incredible! Old school Italian with hints of Italian Grocery muffuletta in NOLA. Their bread is a destination purchase but my family agrees with the other reviewer that their cookies look great but unfortunately seem tasteless. We grew up on homemade Italian cookies, biscuta zapala or traditional offerings from the great Modern Pastry on Hanover in the N. E. Boston. The bar for us in that arena is very high. We will be back often as we have more baca time in Rockport this summer! Ciao!

2  Thank Vagoda