“Great Sandwich shop”

Virgilio's
Ranked #10 of 144 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Sandwich and store had otherb items like a trading post. Recommended for lunch and snaps like cookies

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Stopped by any had some dessert after lunch. Ordered the snowball cookies and the Black Forest cookies. Absolutely fabulous! Wife had a cannoli. Also very good. Went back the next day for more. Delicious.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I loved this place. I live 45 minutes away but I'm going to plan a trip back just for these sandwiches!

I ordered a North Ender (prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, oil & fresh basil) for $6.50 and I split a plain cannoli with a friend. They were SO good! I wasn't joking about driving all that way just for a couple of sandwiches. We both loved it!

The cannoli was great, too. I'm a bit of a cannoli connosieur, so trust me on this.

I knocked off a point for the limited seating; there were only about 4 small tables outside and 2 inside. When we arrived (around noon on a Sunday) the place was packed, standing room only.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

You don't have to go into East Boston to get some super Italian pastries. Just go to Virgilios. Everything made on the premises including some Portuguese delicacies as well. We were very satisfied. Wish they had more choices for their cannolis. They were delicious.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Great and friendly service!
Picked up Italian shortbread cookie w/ raspberry filling and a cannoli...both were delish.
The cannoli was the best I have ever had...the creme filling was perfect...will definately go back again!