“Sicily in Gloucester a Gem”
Review of Caffe Sicilia

Caffe Sicilia
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Gloucester
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were taking a drive up the scenic highway on the way to Rockport and deciding to so stop in Gloucester on the way. What a mistake I have made not stopping previously to enjoy the waterfront and walk around their besutiful downtown...which is how we found Caffè Sicilia. A point of context required, my wife and I had recently returned from a trip to Sicily so we were very interested when we saw the name of this caffè. Upon entering it was like being back in Sicily. It smelled of fresh bread, handmade Italian pastries and glorious coffee. The owners are from Sicily and take great care to prepare the food and coffee in the traditional ways. We had a couple of cookies, latte and a cappuccino. They were all fantastic. We will be back very soon to buy bread and enjoy the Sicilian style Pizza (which looked amazing) along with a pastry and espresso. BTW the family that owned the restaurant were very pleasant and friendly. This is now a new go to place for us every time we head that way.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

As the owner of Cape Ann Foodie Tours, I go to Caffe Sicilia several times a week. My tour groups each receive a small cannoli. They have a choice of plain, pistachio, almond, or chocolate chip. ALL of my guests say that they are the BEST cannolis ever! Of course, everything else is amazing too!

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Rather special bread & cakes. Nice spot for a cosy coffee break. Very obliging owners. Clearly popular Locally.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

I love going here because it is like stepping into Italy. The coffee selection is great but their pastries really shine.

The place is small and is full of regulars speaking Italian in the morning. Everyone was welcoming to me, even though I wasn't a regular. I had the Lobster Tail pastry which is not too sweet cream filled pastry perfection! This is the real deal. They also stuff their cannoli fresh as you order.

Reviewed September 25, 2016

This is a cute place to grab a cappuccino or a coffee. The pastries are delicious. I came here in the morning and sat down, only to hear 2 men speaking Italian. I felt like I was back in Italy.