“Wouldm't mind going back tomorrow...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The House on the Hill is what you expect when you hear the words “New England B&B”: elegant, welcoming, tasteful and relaxed. Its breakfasts are great fun, as they change every day (one day it can be eggs any way you like them, another day French toast with fruit, always with muffins, toast, fruit juice, etc.). The surroundings are pretty and although it’s quite close to a road, there isn’t a great deal of traffic and what there is does not produce too much noise.

Its owners – he is French, she is American – are extremely friendly and helpful. During my stay they organized a visit to a nearby farm where they have horses (one of the people in my party loves horses and riding); I was given access to a laptop computer when mine would not connect properly to the house’s wireless network.

There are two very friendly dogs, which the owners of the place keep well controlled until they are sure that guests like dogs (we did).

The rooms are spacious and quiet. It might be nice to have some sort of blinds in the windows of ground floor bedroom (that’s where I stayed). Maybe there are blinds, but I was unable to see them. At other times sunlight coming in is not a problem, but in summer, when the sun rises early, it could be bothersome. The rooms and the bathrooms are very well decorated and spotlessly clean. And there is plenty of space to hang your clothes, plus assorted things such as board games, books and a decent TV set, with a DVD player and lots of DVDs, right in your room.

All in all, we enjoyed out stay and would go back to it. You would have to be a very difficult person not to enjoy this place. Delightful.

Room Tip: All are good. If you dislike stairs, there is an excellent room on the the ground floor (1st floot f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SebastianLondon

Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here in mid October. The hosts were very friendly, and breakfast was lovely. Location for visiting the Pioneer country is very good, with Deerfield only a short journey away. Would def recommend to our UK friends thinking of visiting the Vermont/New Hampshire area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne P
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is a very nice bed and breakfast. We had room 2A and it was beautifully decorated and bed very comfortable. We opened two windows and had a beautiful cross breeze with the help of the ceiling fan. Donna was helpful with area suggestions and further directions. She also provided us a pass to get into Historic Deerfield. Room had a flat screen TV with a built in DVD and Donna had a bookcase full of movies. We took advantage of watching one on our 1st night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kayofcny
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I enjoyed House on the Hill so much, especially Donna, the owner. She just welcomes you into her life! I played with her dogs and after much drooling over it, got a complimentary ride in her MINI Cooper! The house is so beautiful, and the accomodations are exceptional! My Grammie no longer has a house of her own for me to visit, I remained heartbroken, until I found House on the hill! It is truly a "home away from home" type place. :) I'll be back!

Room Tip: Main floor library room is cozy and affordable. I wish I could live here full time. :)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Donna was a great hostess and attentive to details large and small. She got me a non-quartz alarm clock that didn't click, surprised me with champagne for my birthday, and made tasty breakfasts with local fruit. She is very knowledgeable about local items of interest. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CapeCod2525
Reviewed 2 September 2011

It's not easy to impress my wife ..but Donna and her House on the Hill knocked it out of the park. We have not tradionally been B&B patrons in the past, but this stay easily converted us from the sterile hotel environment to the more charming inviting atmosphere of B&B's. The House on the Hill did all of the little things that make a difference. The place was immaculate ....you could have eaten off the floor. The jars of chocolate throughout the house were a sweet surprise. And finally the decorative bottles of chilled water were perfect. In addition the bed was soft & comfy ...full of pillows & soft bedding ....which provided a wonderful night sleep. To top the entire experience off, we were greeted with a fabulous breakfast...featuring local foods.. in the morning. We can not wait to return to Donna & her House on the Hill.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank russell-peggy
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Living in Boston, we know that the Pioneer Valley offers a quick way to unwind and explore for a weekend away. On this occasion we needed two rooms: one for my husband and me and another for our friend who was entered to run the Bridge of Flowers 10k in nearby Shelburne Falls, MA. We knew our weekend stay would be short, but wanted it to be special. We followed reviews on TripAdvisor and chose The House on the Hill.

From the moment Donna greeted us, showed us to our comfortable, inviting rooms and suggested great local restaurants and quick visits, we knew we had chosen wisely. Our breakfast were custom ordered and mad with local products. The plating was beautiful. Donna and I had great conversations and I found her to be a wonderful and gracious person and host.

We look forward to another time when we can stay at this beautiful B&B.

Room Tip: Tell Donna your preferences.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
4.3 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
15.0 km away
The Centennial House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The House On The Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!