“Excellent Steak”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2018

Ordered a filet "black and blue, Pittsburgh style". They nailed it. Best steak I have had outside of Texas. Beans, mushrooms were perfectly prepared. Excellent salad. Good, lively atmosphere. If I have a complaint, it would be that a larger wine selection would be nice. Next time I am anywhere near the area, I will be back.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

My wife had the haddock which was flavorful and cooked perfectly. I had the filet mignon which was cooked exactly as I requested and arrived juicy and flavorful.

We had onion rings for an appetizer, and they were tasty and not greasy. My wife's salad was made with fresh ingredients, and the garlic mashed potatoes complemented my entree.

Our server was attentive, but did not hover.

This was not our first visit and we plan to return!

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is truly wonderful. Amazing service and food. My husband very much enjoyed the local steak and then warm chocolate chip cookies with fresh milk as his birthday meal! Wonderful ambiance. Definitely will be returning.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Overall a very enjoyable experience. Relaxing atmosphere, great steaks and more, and attentive service. We arrived early and had drinks by the fireplace and were seated promptly at our reservation time. The menu has a lot to offer, especially if you like meat, but there are other good choices. The shepherds pie was not what we expected (pieces of very tender meat, not ground) but it was exceptionally good. We will be back.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My wife and I annually come here for our anniversary dinners. We typically get the filet mignon which is always perfectly done. The various sides (that constantly change with the seasons) are always delectable. The service is attentive, knowledgable, but not intrusive. The atmosphere is very country, but elegant. The center of the "barn" has a giant stone fireplace and chimney. The bar area has recently expanded. It is highly recommended that you make reservations weeks in advance. We will be coming back again, for certain.

Been to Gibbet Hill Grill? Share your experiences!