“Never Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The food at the Grill 58 is always great! Just on our most recent visit, my husband and I ordered off the “Daily Specials” menu. We shared a lobster ravioli appetizer and there were 5 large lobster stuffed raviolis and it’s enough to be a meal, even though they call it an appetizer. We also ordered fish chowder. I always say you can never go wrong in New England when you order fish chowder or clam chowder but this one was especially good and creamy. I had a garden salad also. For all you salad lovers out there it was VERY good and there were several choices of other kind of salads also. My husband ordered a blackened swordfish as his entree and we shared. Seriously, so tasty I wanted to kiss the chef! We’ve been there many times and we’ll be going back soon. Yum

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Lynn H

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We went around 4 PM on a Sunday. There was a good sized crowd. We were seated promptly. The server came right over. She was very nice. I ordered the chicken and broccoli with wine and garlic sauce. The portion was ample enough. Sadly, the one was overcooked, some of it was in shreds. The broccoli, which was most definitely frozen, was mushy and just saturated. Awful. The chicken was ok. Big chicken tenders that had been fried. The flavor was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a nice garlic flavor. The sauce looked sort of pinkish and was so disappointingly lacking flavor. I was happy that there was Keno, but that's about it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Today was my first time at Grille 58 in Halifax. I was visiting a friend in Halifax, when we decided to go to Grille 58 for lunch. It was the first time for my friend as well. The timing was 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon. There was a 1/2 hour wait. So we decided to eat at the bar. This restaurant is noted for its seafood, however, we did not have the seafood. I had Veal Cacciatore and my friend had Chicken Parmigiana. Both dishes were very good, but after seeing other people's plates go by, we were both sorry we didn't get a fish dish. The atmosphere is very nice. The restaurant is clean and welcoming. Service was very good. Hopefully, we will return and try a seafood dish.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Janice P
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 visited Grill 58 the other night for a quick dinner. We were seated quickly even though it was 6pm on a weekend night. The place is clean and servers polite and helpful. The food was hot and fresh but was just okay. It's been more than a year since we were last there and will probably be another year before we go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank 682richw
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Grille 58 may be known for its seafood but the hamburg and green pepper pizza we had was very, very good. We will be going back for the scollops!

Date of visit: December 2017