Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Cape Cod Wishing Well(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$140
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
US$175
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$152
Inn of Treasured Memories(Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
Seadar Inn By the Sea(Harwich Port)(Great Value!)
US$225
Official Site
Bluefish Bed & Breakfast(Harwich Center)
US$187
Official Site
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Barnaby Inn(West Harwich)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsouter barmini barcape codatlantic restaurantfire pittennis courtspool areawater viewlobster rollpirate shipbeautiful propertyoverlooking the bayfour seasonsturn down servicenew englandoff seasonsliders
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Complete waste of money. I stayed at the resort with my family and did not have a good nights sleep for the whole week I was staying there. The rooms have such poor sound insulation that I was woken up at 4 every morning by someone in the room above stomping around. They eventually moved us to 'better' rooms but they were even louder. I feel more exhausted after my holiday than before I left. The food is terrible at the bar and grille,with very limited choice. The main swimming pool is like being at a childrens play centre,extremely loud and not relaxing at all. The one good thing about this place-the view. But you can get that elsewhere. Waste of money and not coming back. Avoid at all costs if you want to relax, sleep and eat good food on holiday!

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Poppyjane1
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. I am disappointed to hear that the resort did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry that the noise level from other guest rooms did not allow you to enjoy a good night's sleep during your stay. This recently reported issue has been communicated to our Director of Engineering and we are addressing the soundproofing within this area of the resort.

I have also shared your comments regarding your experience at the Outer Bar & Grille with our Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef. I would welcome the opportunity to hear your suggestions on what additional menu offerings you would enjoy.

Finally, I am sorry you were not able to relax at our waterfront pool area. We do understand that this is a very popular location as that is one of the reasons we added our adult lap pool, so that we can provide a more tranquil environment for our adult guests.

It is our sincere goal to provide our guests with an experience that is truly memorable and special. I regret that we were not able to achieve this with your recent stay.

I would welcome the opportunity to personally speak with you at your earliest convenience and can be reached at 508-430-3024.

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding our operation.

Sincerely;

Josette Cristalli Willis
Director of Quality Assurance

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Just returned from an extended July 4th weekend at Wesquasett and had a wonderful time. The Wequasett resort is composed of a number of two story buildings spread out over a meticulously landscape property. The resort overlooks the serene Pleasant Bay. A large number of rooms are located on the water side of the property and depending on the room class will determine if you are overlooking the bay or “garden view.”

First let me describe the property. The landscaping throughout is exceptional. The main hub of the resort is the pool area. There you have a large pool, hot tub, fire pit, bar and the Outer Grill Restaurant. The resort features this area on their website. The resort is very kids friendly, so the pool is packed with kids and was very crowded and noisy during our entire stay. There is an adult pool on the other side of the resort by the tennis courts that is a nice quiet oasis if that is what you are looking for. The lounge chairs by both of the pools are some of the most comfortable chairs I have sat in.

The beach at the resort is not that nice. I saw few people sitting at the beach (which is adjacent to the main pool). If you want to go to a spectacular beach, the Resort runs a launch out to Nausett beach which is a beautiful stretch of white sand beach on the outer rim of Chatham harbor. The boat ride is about 10 minutes and it goes back and forth all day (although you need to make reservations). When they take you out to the beach they will also give you these beautiful teak beach chairs and an umbrella, a very nice touch. You can also arrange to have a picnic lunch delivered to the launch to take with you.

As for the rooms, this is probably the toughest decision you will have to make. They have a wide range of rooms and as best I can tell their signature rooms are those that have been renovated. All of the rooms have either a deck or patio with Adirondack chairs. Some of the larger rooms and suites have outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, etc. We chose the premium garden view. Premium got us on the second floor, the garden view, was more a parking lot view but it was fine. I would strongly recommend calling the reservation office and discussing the different rooms available. Next time, we will select the water view, which would put us on the other side of the parking lot. Nevertheless, our room was one of the older ones, but I have absolutely no complaints. The décor, furniture, bathroom was really nice and comfortable. They have a coffee station in your room and they deliver a paper each morning. I do wish the deck furniture was more comfortable, it was two Adirondack chairs bolted to a table. Not sure why the had to bolt everything together, made it impossible move the furniture around.

Nevertheless, if you are going to Wequasett it is to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere of the Cape and this resort certainly captures it. One of the highlights of the trip was renting a power boat for an afternoon and exploring the bay. You can rent a boat at the hotel (NautiJanes). All in all a great trip, a wonderful resort, excellent food and superb service.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Our stay at Wequasett was truely a positive experience on all accounts. Our family was busy when we chose and relaxed when we wanted each and everyday of the week long stay.

The children participated in sailing lessons, rented Hobie sailboats right on premises (which was extremely convenient since we could watch right from the pool area), went "treasure" searching on the shore, swam etc. loved every minute.
On the first day our youngest participated in a tour of 28 Atlantic's kitchen given by both the restaurant manager and the executive chef, followed by a pizza making session which was a hit. From that moment on we were greeted personally at each encounter by the manager who is both very professional and a delight.

The service is wonderful, attentive and also fantastic. The staff is always available to help and pleasant to deal with.

The food was delicious on premises whether you wanted fine dining or a casual meal. The concierge was always correct in her recommendation for our family.

The grounds are so beautifully landscaped and by far the best as compared to other resorts.

While enjoying our "dive-in movie" which is a childrens movie shown out on the pool deck on lounge chairs. (Cuddled in towels, snacking on popcorn and other yummy movie candy watching on a large screen at dusk.) My 7 yr old said "Mom we have to do this again." I said "I'm not sure they will have another movie during our stay." "No I mean we have to come back here again!" he replied.

What a great week we had! Thanks Wequasett!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We live on the Cape and often have our visiting family and friends stay at Wequassett. This year, we stayed a few days when we had friends in town. The location is wonderful (although the beach is nothing like the great north side beaches of the Cape), service is very attentive and the dining options are varied enough to satisfy most people.

Room Tip: Tip from a Native Cape Codder - come in Sept. when rates are lower, crowds are thin and the weather is still perfect!
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wequasset is the best resort on Cape Cod. The rooms, service and staff are all tops. It is certainly full-priced but what we really like about it is they don't "nickel and dime" you.

Some examples: The rooms all come equiped with free WiFi and Keurig coffe machines, along with a nice selection of pods that are replenished every day. The pricing of the items in the in-room mini bars is essentially at cost (no $4 Cokes!). I needed to use the room phone for a work conference call that lasted over an hour. I used an "800" number and the charge was around $5. One night our kids wanted to watch a movie and the resort provided a DVD player with a selection of DVDs at no charge.

The pool is beautiful with very comfortable lounge chairs. A couple of times each a day a resort employee dressed as a a Good Humor Ice Cream man would show up at the pool and GIVE away ice cream to anyone who wanted some.

We were sorry to leave after our stay. We'll be back.

1  Thank sja27