Cape Cod Wishing Well(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 18/07
US$140
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
US$175
Travelocity
Inn of Treasured Memories(Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$164
Agoda.com
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$161
Seadar Inn By the Sea(Harwich Port)(Great Value!)
US$225
Official Site
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn(West Harwich)
US$399
Winstead Inn(Harwich)
US$374
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsouter barmini barcape codatlantic restaurantfire pitpool areatennis courtswater viewlobster rollpirate shipbeautiful propertyoverlooking the bayfour seasonschildren's centerlounge chairsnew englandoff season
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We absolutely love going to the Wequassett. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and the resort is absolutely beautiful. The restaurant is also the best on the Cape; both dinner and brunch are amazing. My husband and I went to the Wequassett 5 years ago when we got engaged and we went again this summer as our last vacation before the arrival of our first baby. Wonderful place for a romantic weekend or to take the kids (great pool area!)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonGirlK
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was our second visit to the Wequassett and we enjoyed it even more this time. The grounds are spectacular. We stayed in a signature suite that overlooked Round Cove/Pleasant Bay. The view and room were top-notch. The room was very hi-tech and our bellman, Kevin, did a great job of explaining how everything worked, including the at-cost snacks and drinks in the refrigerator. There was also a nice selection of Keurig coffee and tea in the room. The flat screen TV, iPod dock, and fireplace were all great. The room had double sliders that opened to a wonderful deck overlooking the water. We enjoyed cocktails there before dinner and watched the stars later from the wonderfully comfortable chaise lounges.

We ordered room service for breakfast. It was delicious and arrived very quickly. The fruit sampler was especially nice.

We enjoyed both the quieter adults only lap pool and the beachside pool and hot tub. During the day they come around with ice cold watermelon. The pool was open until 11:00 and we had it to ourselves for a night swim. There was a large fire pit to sit around and listen to the band that was playing.

The resort has clay tennis courts, a boat shuttle to the beach, a children's program, jazz nights, and fine dining as well as a more casual poolside grill.

A great experience, just wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

After a five hour drive, thinking we could collapse in our room at 3:00, we waited until 4:45 to get into our room. They said the couple before had a late check out. They did not say "Sorry". "How about an ice tea at the bar", "Can we offer you a complimentary snack", Nothing. They acted like it wasn't their problem and it was the fault of the couple before. The water main then broke. They had to dig a giant hole in front of our room. The water was turned off. Again, they were ungracious about the situation. They had a smug attitude that it wasn't their problem. At $1,000.00 a night and a five night stay, we were treated like we were at a Motel 6. Although, I'm sure at a Motel 6 they would have tried to move us. Or at least acted sympathetic. So, we continued with an open pit at our front door and then Sunday morning, and for the next two days, a man shoveling stones and dirt was three feet from the back door. Unbelievable! They say we were in a Garden Room. It was a broken hydrangea and a large view of the parking lot five feet away. There was a stench in the toilet, probably from the water bring turned off, for the entire stay. We called about the TV not working. They said they would send someone in five minutes. We waited for an hour. When I called back, they said they did not have my phone number, which was an odd response, since I was in the same room they checked me into and
I had given them my cell at the check in. We made a reservation at 8:00 for the tavern. When we went bang on 8:00, they said, "a couple came in for a drink and I could not turn them away, so I gave them your table. They should only be 15 minutes". Wow! I found all in the office to be smug, preoccupied and completely unaware of how to greet and treat a guest. Very amateurish. The food in the resaurants-excellent! Why endure?--two kids, no where else to go. Everything booked.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Steve N
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Needless to say, I am disappointed that the resort did not meet your expectations. It is truly unfortunate that your stay was affected by the water main break we experienced. Our engineering team along with the town worked tirelessly to turn this issue around and did so within 6 hours along with the aesthetics repair completed the following day; nonetheless we certainly felt badly that it impacted our guests in any way.

Our goal at the resort is to provide our guests with personalized service and I regret that we fell short in this instance. These types of comments about our staff are extremely rare and I offer are sincere apologies on behalf of the team. I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager in an effort to improve the resort and to avoid future hardships.

I have also taken the opportunity to share your additional feedback regarding the room and the restaurants with the appropriate departments. I would welcome the opportunity to personally speak with you and hope you will contact me at -----------

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

Sincerely;
Josette Cristalli Willis
Director of Quality Assurance

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The new rooms are spectacular and the food is amazing and the grounds are gorgeous. But, I believe the big best rated component of the resort is the service......however I ate too much and ladies it's very hard on your feet with high heels (made me a little cranky). You are truly on vacation when you stay at Wequassett.
xo Kasha

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KashaTornetta
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I wanted a 3 night getaway on the cape and a friend of ours recommended the Wequassett Hotel over Chatham Bars Inn. Upon checking out the website we saw the hotel was lovely and is a major wedding destination site. The hotel grounds are quite charming with lush hydrangeas and well maintained gardens galore. The pool is absolutely gorgeous, overlooking the bay (not ocean). Unfortunately there is a VERY small area called the beach, whichis nothing more than a couple of chairs on a bay area of water. It is a good thing the hotel redid the pool area a couple of years ago. While my husband and I were kid-free there were TONS of kids! This place is the perfect place for families. Good Humor twice a day, movie night and event pajama night. The pool restaurant even has books and stuff for the kids to enjoy while dining there.

While I knew the Wequassett was a wedding destination I did not realize there would be 2-3 weddings per day, including during the week. The parking was a problem due to this fact! The hotel was beyond at capacity which meant in order to score pool chairs you had to reserve them by 1030am the latest! Breakfast buffet was quite plentiful however the omelette maker was also the pancake/waffle maker so the service was slow and there was always a long wait for either. The restaurant were very good as was the service. The staff comes around the pool with fresh fruit in the morning and early afternoon which is a very nice touch! The rooms are quite nice although anytime anyone in the surrounding rooms opens or closes their doors your room/bed shakes! Quite annoying!! THe biggest disappointment was the fact that this hotel was not on a real beach. My husband and I had to go off property to go for walks (unless we wanted to go on major roads). The ability to order food at the pool was a very nice perk. The gym was also quite pleasant. Overall the hotel is quite charming and the staff is extremely helpful. Just make sure you manage your expectations and are aware of the wedding factory feeling. There is an adults only pool however we never went to it. The pool chairs are extremely comfortable!

Room Tip: Rose section is a great location
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FrankandEstelle
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. I am delighted that you enjoyed the resort and found the landscaping, your accommodations, and the staff and pool amenities to your liking.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the resort’s beach, but hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary boat launch to the Cape Cod National Seashore beach, which offers one of the most beautiful beaches in America. I have shared your feedback regarding the level of activity at the resort and the slow service at the breakfast buffet stations with the management team in hopes of improving the overall guest experience.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with these very valuable and detailed comments. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable experience and it is feedback like yours that assists us in this effort.

I would be delighted to speak with you further and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 and in the meantime, best wishes for an enjoyable rest of the summer.

Sincerely;