Seadar Inn By the Sea(Harwich Port)(Great Value!)
US$225
Cape Cod Wishing Well(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$140
Inn of Treasured Memories(Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
Hotels.com
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
US$175
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$152
Winstead Inn(Harwich)
US$695
US$155
US$140
Hotels.com
All reviewsouter barmini barcape codatlantic restaurantfire pitpool areatennis courtswater viewpirate shiplobster rollbeautiful propertyoverlooking the bayfour seasonschildren's centernew englandoff seasonsliders
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This resort hotel has a superb location overlooking the bay - I went for a mini-break with my 2 teenage sons - weather was perfect - but honestly the hotel charges a fortune and I cannot say that it's worth it. We stayed in a 'garden' room which basically was at the back of the property, overlooking a carpark and the delivery area. Not advisable to sleep with windows open then.. We moved to a water view room which was really more like a suite and quaint in decor but at least a couple of hundred $$ more. We dressed for dinner but was told that we could not eat in the fine dining room as my younger son was wearing shorts - admittedly smart shorts with a nice polo shirt - but long trousers are required. So we ate in the 'pub' like restaurant and watched a teenage boy walk into the fine dining room wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. Now, I think that is an odd dress code for summer , waterfront hotels. I did point this out to the front of house manager on check out. Also DO NOT request a packed lunch to take to the beach. We loved the beach - went in the hotel's own speedboat - that's the reason we had driven 4 hours to reach Cape Cod after all. However, I was charged $80 for 3 packed lunches comprising of sandwich/ crisps/drink/apple. On check out I pointed out this hefty charge and was given a $25 discount. The dining service was OK - the restaurant overlooking the bay was nothing special. Shame, because it's a lovely location. At breakfast I asked for bacon & sausage with my order but was told quite categorically that it was one or the other. Now, I don't eat vast quantities, I literally just wanted a couple of rashers of bacon and a breakfast sausage or 2, so was quite surprised to be told that I couldn't. Honestly, paying the many hundreds of dollars for a room (I hate how breakfast is rarely included in the US) - I think they could have complied with my simple request. THe hotel employs a huge staff - maybe some could do with relaxing a bit! The gardens are beautiful.

Room Tip: Pay top dollar for water views
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alison S
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Alison,

Thank you again for your review, along with taking the time to speak with me by telephone several days ago. Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and while I was delighted to learn that for the most part, you and your sons had an enjoyable visit, it was disappointing to hear of the few points that marred an otherwise fun Cape Cod get-away.

Rest assured, your observations have been thoroughly addressed together with our leadership team. We look forward to personally meeting you and your family next summer when you return to the Cape and ensuring a much more memorable experience.

Michael Sharlet
Director of Operations

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Lunch doesn't get any better than this! Oysters on the 1/2 shell, impeccable service and gorgeous views! If you are in the Chatham area you must stop here and have something to eat. We took a look around the property and I can't wait to stay overnight here. The oysters were scrumptious and my salad was huge. My friend had the crab stuffed haddock and she said it was incredible. Great daycation on the cape and for me this was the highlight. Bring your wallet $82.00 for lunch with tip and no alcohol. You get what you pay for it was delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the food, service and the beautiful view.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I can be of any assistance with reservation arrangements for a future overnight stay. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Sincerely;

Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a local resident, I have frequented Wequassett Inn for many occasions, including: Weekend stays, Dinners, Breakfasts, Weddings, Jazz Night.... This is the "go to" place on Cape Cod if you're looking to impress or be impressed. Not only beautiful grounds and beautiful scenery, but exceptional service, and incredible ambiance. During the Summer months they offer Jazz night, a free concerts with incredible, well known tallents. This has grown to be a favorte night out for local residents as well as guests of the Inn. If you're in the area, stop in at the "Outer Bar" for a cocktail at the fire pit.... you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the resort and for your continued patronage. We are delighted that you consider us to be the premier resort on the Cape and that you have enjoyed our beautiful location and outstanding service.

We are glad to hear you that you are a fan of the Cape Cod Jazz Festival. We are pleased to be able to offer such a special entertainment experience to Cape Cod residents and visitors and are very excited to launch the 10th Annual Cape Cod Jazz Festival in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you ever find yourself in Chatham (actually it's in Harwich) you must try the Outer Bar at the Wequassett Resort! The view is fantastic. The food (especially the lobster roll) is amazing. The service is outstanding. All in all - it makes for a perfect afternoon as you look out over Pleasant Bay. It's nothing short of perfection.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JayMarshfield

Dear Jay;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Outer Bar and Grille. I am delighted you enjoyed the food, service and the beautiful view.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 the next time you return to the resort. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great time at business event this past week. Weather brilliant! Service very accomodating. Never felt like a request was too much or any problem. Surrounding area is quintessential New England. Stayed in "mother goose" a house owned by the Wequasset slightly off property. 3 bedroom 2 bath. A lovely waterside, cape style home very cute and cozy even if a bit musty. Great first floor open living space, very comfortably furnished, gets beautiful morning light streaming in and offers generous water/dock view. Two normal size bedrooms up with kings-one with balcony facing water and sunrise view. Huge, private master suite down with king and big sitting area and dressing area plus walk out to patio with beautiful water view and small nieghborhood dock/boat launch where I watched locals come and go; swans float past; all manner of water fowl, a guy fishing at sunset from the dock with his lab throwing him little fish as he caught them-which the dog gobbled up, then ended the evening stargazing before bed each night-brilliant! It was like being in some quaint movie! The house is older so if you are expecting new, this might not be for you. A few dead crickets to be disposed of as I walked through the place but nothing awful or unexpected for a waterside home. Housekeeping could step it up a bit for the price and the fridge could be stocked with a few beverages- no mini bar and it is a short hike to the resort. They gladly brought me some waters and sodas but would of been nice to have there already. They will come retrieve you in a golf cart and take you back to the resort but the house phone is not connected to the resorts so this was a bit confusing at first and the bell staff needs to instruct guests how to reach the property. They need to clearly leave number to reach front desk. Once I located some resort literature and found the local number for the resort, it was fine. This is something easily addressed and would make the guest experience much better. Having my own car made coming and going easy, so I recommend others consider this factor. All that said, I'd return but as others have pointed out, I would be selective about my room choice. FYI, the spa for the hotel is in town, so they have one but it's not on propert. They will gladly drive you at no charge anywhere you'd like to go locally in one of the resorts Lexus SUV's. Nice touch.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Roberta S

Dear Roberta;

Thank your balanced feedback regarding your recent experience at the resort. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your business event and that you received the outstanding service the resort is known for.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a detailed overview on your experience at the Mother Goose house. I have shared your feedback with the management team along with your suggestions on how we could improve the experience in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if you have any additional feedback you would like to share. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.