“This place is perfection... but perfection as its price.”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The food couldn't be better than this! I had the Organic Lavender chicken, and it was to die for! Amazing service and... the view... There is nothing to say about it except that you need to see to understand... What can be better than to eat while overlooking Pleasant Bay! I was there with friends to attend the Jazz festival, we had a drink, we ate, incredible night at an incredible location! I really can't wait to stay overnight, thing that we're planning to do next year. Sure it's pricey but it was well worth it. I paid 78$ with the tip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort for the Cape Cod Jazz Festival. We are delighted that you enjoyed the entertainment, the food, outstanding service and the beautiful views of Pleasant Bay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I can be of any assistance with reservation arrangements for a future overnight stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This resort hotel has a superb location overlooking the bay - I went for a mini-break with my 2 teenage sons - weather was perfect - but honestly the hotel charges a fortune and I cannot say that it's worth it. We stayed in a 'garden' room which basically was at the back of the property, overlooking a carpark and the delivery area. Not advisable to sleep with windows open then.. We moved to a water view room which was really more like a suite and quaint in decor but at least a couple of hundred $$ more. We dressed for dinner but was told that we could not eat in the fine dining room as my younger son was wearing shorts - admittedly smart shorts with a nice polo shirt - but long trousers are required. So we ate in the 'pub' like restaurant and watched a teenage boy walk into the fine dining room wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. Now, I think that is an odd dress code for summer , waterfront hotels. I did point this out to the front of house manager on check out. Also DO NOT request a packed lunch to take to the beach. We loved the beach - went in the hotel's own speedboat - that's the reason we had driven 4 hours to reach Cape Cod after all. However, I was charged $80 for 3 packed lunches comprising of sandwich/ crisps/drink/apple. On check out I pointed out this hefty charge and was given a $25 discount. The dining service was OK - the restaurant overlooking the bay was nothing special. Shame, because it's a lovely location. At breakfast I asked for bacon & sausage with my order but was told quite categorically that it was one or the other. Now, I don't eat vast quantities, I literally just wanted a couple of rashers of bacon and a breakfast sausage or 2, so was quite surprised to be told that I couldn't. Honestly, paying the many hundreds of dollars for a room (I hate how breakfast is rarely included in the US) - I think they could have complied with my simple request. THe hotel employs a huge staff - maybe some could do with relaxing a bit! The gardens are beautiful.

Room Tip: Pay top dollar for water views
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alison S
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Alison,

Thank you again for your review, along with taking the time to speak with me by telephone several days ago. Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and while I was delighted to learn that for the most part, you and your sons had an enjoyable visit, it was disappointing to hear of the few points that marred an otherwise fun Cape Cod get-away.

Rest assured, your observations have been thoroughly addressed together with our leadership team. We look forward to personally meeting you and your family next summer when you return to the Cape and ensuring a much more memorable experience.

Michael Sharlet
Director of Operations

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Lunch doesn't get any better than this! Oysters on the 1/2 shell, impeccable service and gorgeous views! If you are in the Chatham area you must stop here and have something to eat. We took a look around the property and I can't wait to stay overnight here. The oysters were scrumptious and my salad was huge. My friend had the crab stuffed haddock and she said it was incredible. Great daycation on the cape and for me this was the highlight. Bring your wallet $82.00 for lunch with tip and no alcohol. You get what you pay for it was delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the food, service and the beautiful view.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I can be of any assistance with reservation arrangements for a future overnight stay. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Sincerely;

Reviewed 21 September 2012

As a local resident, I have frequented Wequassett Inn for many occasions, including: Weekend stays, Dinners, Breakfasts, Weddings, Jazz Night.... This is the "go to" place on Cape Cod if you're looking to impress or be impressed. Not only beautiful grounds and beautiful scenery, but exceptional service, and incredible ambiance. During the Summer months they offer Jazz night, a free concerts with incredible, well known tallents. This has grown to be a favorte night out for local residents as well as guests of the Inn. If you're in the area, stop in at the "Outer Bar" for a cocktail at the fire pit.... you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the resort and for your continued patronage. We are delighted that you consider us to be the premier resort on the Cape and that you have enjoyed our beautiful location and outstanding service.

We are glad to hear you that you are a fan of the Cape Cod Jazz Festival. We are pleased to be able to offer such a special entertainment experience to Cape Cod residents and visitors and are very excited to launch the 10th Annual Cape Cod Jazz Festival in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

If you ever find yourself in Chatham (actually it's in Harwich) you must try the Outer Bar at the Wequassett Resort! The view is fantastic. The food (especially the lobster roll) is amazing. The service is outstanding. All in all - it makes for a perfect afternoon as you look out over Pleasant Bay. It's nothing short of perfection.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JayMarshfield

Dear Jay;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Outer Bar and Grille. I am delighted you enjoyed the food, service and the beautiful view.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 the next time you return to the resort. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Great time at business event this past week. Weather brilliant! Service very accomodating. Never felt like a request was too much or any problem. Surrounding area is quintessential New England. Stayed in "mother goose" a house owned by the Wequasset slightly off property. 3 bedroom 2 bath. A lovely waterside, cape style home very cute and cozy even if a bit musty. Great first floor open living space, very comfortably furnished, gets beautiful morning light streaming in and offers generous water/dock view. Two normal size bedrooms up with kings-one with balcony facing water and sunrise view. Huge, private master suite down with king and big sitting area and dressing area plus walk out to patio with beautiful water view and small nieghborhood dock/boat launch where I watched locals come and go; swans float past; all manner of water fowl, a guy fishing at sunset from the dock with his lab throwing him little fish as he caught them-which the dog gobbled up, then ended the evening stargazing before bed each night-brilliant! It was like being in some quaint movie! The house is older so if you are expecting new, this might not be for you. A few dead crickets to be disposed of as I walked through the place but nothing awful or unexpected for a waterside home. Housekeeping could step it up a bit for the price and the fridge could be stocked with a few beverages- no mini bar and it is a short hike to the resort. They gladly brought me some waters and sodas but would of been nice to have there already. They will come retrieve you in a golf cart and take you back to the resort but the house phone is not connected to the resorts so this was a bit confusing at first and the bell staff needs to instruct guests how to reach the property. They need to clearly leave number to reach front desk. Once I located some resort literature and found the local number for the resort, it was fine. This is something easily addressed and would make the guest experience much better. Having my own car made coming and going easy, so I recommend others consider this factor. All that said, I'd return but as others have pointed out, I would be selective about my room choice. FYI, the spa for the hotel is in town, so they have one but it's not on propert. They will gladly drive you at no charge anywhere you'd like to go locally in one of the resorts Lexus SUV's. Nice touch.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Roberta S

Dear Roberta;

Thank your balanced feedback regarding your recent experience at the resort. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your business event and that you received the outstanding service the resort is known for.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a detailed overview on your experience at the Mother Goose house. I have shared your feedback with the management team along with your suggestions on how we could improve the experience in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if you have any additional feedback you would like to share. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

The setting here is superb. The view from the main pool is fabulous and there are sumptuous beds around the pool, with lovely deep cushioning. Service by the pool is wonderful too. Iced water was brought around to us, our sunglasses were cleaned, we ate little pots of mango sorbet...all brought as we lay there lazily. The waiters were all excellent, very friendly in the pool areas and we grew very fond of a couple during our stay. The gardens are beautifully kept around the 'blocks of rooms' and quite exquisite. The choice of restaurants was also very good, from eating by the pool, to the more pucker restaurant (more expensive obviously) - I have no criticism of these different areas.

We took a boat trip from the hotel to see a colony of seals nearby and found about 900 seals on a sandbank - superb trip out...I think we were lucky with the amount of seals...it was a wonderful experience and worth the money (I think it was about £20 a head or thereabouts).

NOW THE DOWN SIDE. We had to change rooms when we were there which wasn't a problem and due to changing our holiday booking at a late stage to stay at Wequassett longer than anticipated we expected this. HOWEVER, we learnt that if you stay in a ground floor room as opposed to a first floor room you will suffer with a terrible din from above, due to the buildings being made of timber. We were woken at 3am and 5am, simply because someone above got up and walked across their room to use the WC! The rooms were not as plush I would have expected for the money. They had old fashioned air conditioning units and the bathrooms had curtains over the baths, for showering. The rooms let the rest of the place down. We paid a lot of money to stay here and we thought we would have a room with a nicer view. The rooms were the disappointing part of this stay. Having said this I would go back but INSIST ON HAVING A ROOM WHERE NO ONE IS ABOVE US! Our 1st room was so much better on 1st floor over-looking the adult pool (smaller quieter pool at the top of the resort).
This place is lovely though and I learnt from a guy who lives nearby, who had membership there, that we were staying in the best place in Cape Cod. I asked him how it compared to the Chatham Bars hotel and he said 'this is better'. I told him I would see him when he came to England as he stays at the Four Seasons in Dogmersfield, Hampshire where I have membership! Touche! Haha! Anyway, despite me slating the rooms, I would go back, but like I say INSIST on a room with no one above. I have fab memories of this place, as do all the family. NB: THERE IS NO SPA, WHICH SEEMS ODD IN SUCH A PLACE OF THIS STANDARD. We would have used a spa if there had been one, for massages and nails ;-)

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are very noisy. The people above can be heard all the time due to the buildi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mishmunnypenny
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful setting, restaurants and our waterfront pool along with its amenities. We were pleased that our team provided you with an outstanding service experience and that a few of them made an extra special impression on you.

We were disappointed to hear that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you, as we are currently in the process of determining renovations for our 2013 season and consider all guest feedback to be helpful in this process. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. My best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Director of Quality Assurance

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
6 km away
24.6 km away
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!