“Under New (and Better) Management”
Review of Alecsie's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alecsie's Pizza
Ranked #54 of 75 Restaurants in Harwich
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This space has been a pizza place for many years, but it's only been Alecsie's since sometime two summers ago. Big improvement! They had stopped selling pizza by the slice by the time I got there for a late lunch, so I got a turkey breast sub. The turkey looked like it was homemade: thick p, freshly roasted slices folded in a long roll and lightly toasted to perfection. They deliver after 4pm within five miles. And the pizzas looked good! The woman behind the counter (don't know if it was Alecsie herself) was friendly and prompt.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Pros: Good pizza, very good crust, the help was friendly when”Eve” was working.
Cons: If you want to order a pizza once the sun goes down, good luck. Since they have been open they RARELY adhere to their posted hours. Suppose to be open till 9 pm on 6/11/18, but when you call at 8:43 they say they’re not taking orders. I live nearby and I work till dark. I’ll be driving to Brewster from now on.
Sincerely unfortunate,
Wayne- Harwich

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Used to be our go- to local pizza place. Seems to have gone downhill
Salads are smaller and not as fresh. Pizza is “meh”
Lot of better local choices now
Try Red’s in Harwich center

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed April 29, 2017

I grew up eating Greek Style New England Pizza in Central Mass. With all the recent pizza experiences being wood fired or Neopolitan thin crisp crust it had become difficult to find the pizza experience I remembered as a child. I found it here in Harwich and I am thrilled. I ordered a large meatball sub it arrived, nice and hot. The bread was soft but toasted just perfectly provolone was nicely melted, I requested cooked green peppers, and they were a roasted green pepper with lots of flavor of olive oil. The meatballs were sliced thick which is the way they should be for easier eating. They don't roll around the bread and then fall out when you take a bite. The sauce had just a hint of sweetness that contrasted nicely with the peppers. A perfect combination. We also ordered a cheese pizza crust not too thin or thick not overcooked to a crisp and not doughy and overcooked, enough sauce to coat the crust. Seemed to be all mozzarella cheese for a topping, not a blend which I think is appropriate. It had just started to turn brown not sliding off the slice when taking a bite.
This place definitely hit all the marks for me and when I return to Cape Cod you know I will be returning to Alecsie's Pizza. Now, if I could just find New England Greek Pizza in San Fransico area where I live, life would be perfect.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 29, 2017

I have tried this restaurant three times and every time it is essentially the same ---- not
great, but suffices when you are really hungry. The meatballs seem like they were made a few days earlier & if you order a large meatball sub, I think you get only two
meatballs cut into several pieces on a huge piece of bread. Also, even when you say that you are going to eat in (vs. take out), the woman behind the counter seems to want your money before you even find a seat or realize that you are responsible to get your own drink .... this has happened every time. I am more used to sitting down with just a little service. Don't count on any service here & you will be asked to pay immediately -- even before you realize that there is no waitress and you won't be ordering anything to drink. Overall, it seemed a little "rude".

Date of visit: March 2017