“Warmth and Wings”

Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I’ve wanted to try Ember for a long time but it’s always been too busy. On a rainy November evening it was easy to get in to and provided a warm and friendly reprieve from the weather.

I debated on getting the Wings for an appetizer and I was glad I did. (Every table around me had wings so it was a strong motivator!). The Wings were great! I also ordered a Hawaiian pizza. The crust was good, I love a wood fired pizza, however I found it to be rather salty. I rate the pizza average, as there a lot of better pizza places on the Cape.

The one other comment I would add is that it’s a very noisy place. The acoustics are horrible.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Nice place to visit with kids, very noisy but good subs and decent pizza. Suggest couples eat in the bar area as the acoustics in the diningroom create a very loud atmosphere. Pizza will be charred unless you request light cooking. Chicken parm sub and Meatball sub along with wings and salads are the highlights.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Embers is an inviting pizza restaurant that I’ve been to now three times and each time was a different experience. I personally have decided that going there in the summer is just way to crowded and noisy, often with quite a wait. I do love their outdoor seating area with the fire pit. The pizza crust is by far my favorite feature as it is an unusually crisp, thin crust. We happen to love a crisp, almost burnt, wood fired pizza. The standard 5 cheese feature to pizza though to me has way too much cheese (I love cheese too). almost to the point of being more of a quesadilla. The biggest thing missing though in the pizza, is the sauce, you could hardly taste it! Going to Embers in October was fun and easy, as opposed to going in the summer months. We were seated immediately at 6:15 on a Sunday, had great service, a great waitress and excellent salads. I want to love the pizza, because this place is all about the pizza, but 3 times more tomato sauce please.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

I had the chicken alfredo fettuccini and my cousin had the blueberry pizza, very good!!service was fast and great. They have a great wine list. You can see the open fire ovens and that is a great plus.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Went for dinner at 7 pm on a Saturday with 3 other golf buddies. Parking is an issue so be prepared. We were seated inside which is what we requested. Our waitress was awesome. So was friendly, polite, funny and very attentive. I know she works for tips but she was great. We had some appetizers and several beers before ordering dinner. We were not rushed at all. For dinner we ordered a meatball grinder, a veal grinder, pizza and a BBQ chicken wrap. The food came within 10 minutes and the grinders were delicious. Plenty of meatball and veal and the sauce was great. Grinder rolls were fresh and tasty. The BBQ wrap disappeared quickly as our buddy refused to share any with us. The pizza was piping hot and very good. Dinner and beers for 4 with tip was less than $100. They have an outdoor fire pit that was rocking but it was a little too chilly to eat outdoors. Good spot.