All reviews holyoke mall six flags basketball court mon thurs full kitchen big e home away from home pool and hot tub two room suite large mall great place to stay the sofa bed complimentary breakfast very nice hotel definitely stay here again the general manager homewood suite
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We are currently staying at this hotel for two nights, having checked in Saturday, September 8, 2018, checking out tomorrow. After we checked in, we drove around back to park and saw a newer model Ford Explorer with all four wheels removed, up on blocks. I took pictures and went to the front desk to report the problem and they said they were aware and that someone earlier that morning came onto the property and stole the rims and tires.

I asked the general manager, Rachel Flahive, what steps the management company, Buffalo Lodging Associates, was going to take to prevent this from happening in the future, such as installing cameras all around the property, there are currently two in the front of the hotel, and she said they weren’t going to do anything (I will be calling the management company tomorrow to further discuss this). This is unacceptable (they did hire a security guard for a few days).

We have been staying at this hotel every year, many years twice, since it opened. My wife grew up less than a mile from the hotel and the area is a nice area. We are assuming who did this came in from some other area.

The hotel has got to do something to protect its guests’ property and its guests from potential physical harm. We actually have a reservation to return in December and made it clear to Ms. Flahive that if steps aren’t taken to protect our property and person, we would cancel our reservation and stay elsewhere.

I can’t recommend this hotel until the management group takes visible steps to protect its guests’ property and safety.

As an aside, we were out and about today and received an email from the hotel thanking us for our stay and attaching our receipt. But wait, we still had our second night tonight to stay. Frantic that all our clothing and personal effects we left in the room had been removed, I called the hotel to inquire why we were checked out when our confirm showed two nights reserved and the person who checked us in yesterday confirmed we were there for two nights thru tomorrow, and had they removed our belongings.

The front desk person said they only had us there for the one night, but would extend our stay for tonight at the same rate (we paid with points, which had already been deducted from our account and money which hadn’t yet been paid but a two night hold in excess of $200 had been placed against our credit card) and assured us that nothing had been removed from our room. I asked what had happened and the person told me that notwithstanding our confirm said two nights, they only had us for the one night and that the problem was on Hilton’s reservation’s end. I called Hilton reservations and they said it wasn’t them, that it was the hotel. They called the hotel and apparently someone at the hotel had checked us out early, and that the hotel had no explanation why.

Yikes!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Rachel F, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Hello JFortMyers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As I explained during our conversation, vehicle vandalism in the whole area has increased in the last year. The hotel management team, along with the hotel's management company, have taken a number of steps to prevent problems: This includes adding several cameras to the hotel property and working with our security company to ensure guest safety and adding additional security presence. I am so sorry that you do not feel that these steps are sufficient. I do hope that we see you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Stayed at this location during labor day weekend. This was a great hotel with great amenities, including hot tub and complimentary breakfast. We were a large family traveling together. The outside patio area was fantastic as we got to use the grill area and invite our family who we haven't seen in many years to come and visit us. The staff is really fantastic. They were extremely helpful and accommodating to our many needs. Thank you Homewood suites for making us feel like we were truly at home.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Rachel F, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Shinika M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially our outdoor patio with barbeque grills that is available to our guests. I hope that you will think of us the next time you are in the Holyoke area!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It was a good place to stay. Near the mall and shopping. The only issue I had was I couldn't control the room temperature. It was either too hot or too cold. Otherwise I got a great night's sleep and was able to cook in my room. I also had to buy a real coffee maker as the one in there was very small.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Holly K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so sorry that you had trouble with the temperature control in your room. Each suite has its own thermostat that guests can control. If you suspect the thermostat is not working correctly, please let us know so we can have maintenance take a look. We want to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible - and that includes the temperature! I hope you will think of us the next time you are in the Holyoke area!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Comfortable space for family of 3 or 4. Nice amenities at hotel (pool, gym) and convenient to destinations near Holyoke, Springfield, Agawam. Has multiple entrances and elevators, and you can choose your room ahead of time. Quiet surroundings, too.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Nome H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, specially our spacious suites and convenient location. I hope that you think of us the next time you are in the Holyoke area!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Amazing hotel close to the highway. Friendly staff, clean suites. Only negative is pillows were all limp. But beyond that, the rooms were spacious, clean and the pool and hot tub were large and well-maintained.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elephriend
Rachel F, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Elephriend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our spacious suites and friendly staff. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Holyoke area!