1,266 results
All reviews fire pit east wing bagels continental breakfast cape cod overlooking the harbour martha's vineyard hyannis harbor view of the water main street deluxe room fresh fruit wonderful hotel off season steamship authority would highly recommend this hotel within walking distance
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Anchor In Hotel was a very clean place with nice decor and friendly staff. Our family enjoyed every aspects of them EXCEPT FOR THE INTERNET ACCESS. All three laptops--MacBook Pro & MacBook Air in our room, and a Dell Inspiron in our parents' room--had a very difficult time to attain steady internet connection. Sometimes we had to restart our laptops multiple times to get the internet access at all, or the connection would just drop in the middle of using the computer. THIS UNSTABLE INTERNET CONNECTION WAS SO FRUSTRATING FOR THREE DAYS. Finally, on the fourth day, a male staff at the front desk said he can do something about it. He took a key and went somewhere to fix the problem...and Voila! We finally had a normal internet connection. If they really fix the problem, we will stay at this hotel again. It's a charming place. But, if they continue to have the same kind of internet connection problems, we will stay at another place.

Room Tip: Make sure that their internet connection is really steady.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
AnchorInowner, Owner at Anchor In Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2016

Dear Hanako

Thank you for choosing Anchor In. It was a pleasure speaking with you during your check out. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our charming place and friendly staff. Once again we apologize for the connection problem that you experienced. The issue was localized and has been corrected.

Sincerely
Lisa and Skip Simpson

Reviewed April 22, 2016

My wife and I stayed here over 15 years ago and I am happy to report the Anchor In is as nice now as it was then. The hotel is immaculately clean, the employees are friendly and helpful and the location is great for a mid-cape stay. Our room over looked the harbor and was perfect for us. The continental breakfast was very good. It is a short walk to the steamship authority ferries to Nantucket and a little further to main street Hyannis and all the restaurants, bars and shops. We highly recommend this hotel and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GraftonTraveler24
Reviewed April 20, 2016

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway during April vacation. After pouring over the TripAdvisor reviews we picked out this little gem. We stayed in their "Air Bath" room. It was unique and tastefully decorated. Much thought was given to the room design. Built in cabinets, granite counters and eating area. Chair rails and crown molding all contributed to the feeling of a room lovingly cared for. Everything was immaculate. There were more towels than we could possibly use. Bed was cozy with a down comforter. There was a beautiful view of the Hyannis harbor from our room. A nice breakfast was included each day. The off season price was really reasonable. We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms face the harbor and have a balcony.
1  Thank Trystelle
Reviewed April 20, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for three cold nights in Hyannis during early April snow. The hotel was an oasis of warmth and comfort. The place was meticulously clean, breakfast (continental) was fine. Restaurant suggestion was a disappointment. At check out, a problem with my credit card could have been handled better. But, overall, we would recommend the inn.

Reviewed April 19, 2016

My husband and I were looking for a quick get-away on the Cape for a few days. We are not really fans of Cape Cod because of summer crowds and high prices. Our favorite vacation is a cruise but for a couple of days we thought we would give Hyannis a try.

From researching hotels/motels online, I came upon the Anchor In. We wanted a room with a view of the water and this place looked perfect. I have to say that, by far, this is the cleanest motel we have ever stayed in! The place is spotless, the grounds are meticulous, and the staff is friendly. There were no king beds (with harbor view) available when we booked about a week earlier so we had two queens. We were on the 2nd floor, east wing, with a nice harbor view. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom had plenty of towels, a nice assortment of toiletries and was so clean!! The toilet is very low, so it might be a problem for someone with mobility issues. The view from the room is okay but from the deck it is a great view. Being mid-April there weren’t very many boats in the harbor but it was fun watching the ferry to Nantucket come and go. There is no privacy on the decks (except for the suites on the ends).

There is a coffee pot in the room and a continental breakfast is available in the “kitchen”. We slept late so I ran down to grab a few things before they closed at 9:30. The lady on duty gave me a tray to carry my muffins and was very helpful and just plain nice.

I read that it is a 10 minute walk or so to Main Street where all the shops and restaurants are but it was so cold and windy that we didn’t attempt it. We ended up driving everywhere but in April, parking was not an issue.

This is a lovely, small, family owned and operated motel that I would highly recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: 2nd Floor, East Wing
1  Thank WMPatFan