“Best. Italian. Ever.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2017

This is the best Italian food I have ever had in my life. I come from an Italian family and have been all over Italy, and I have still never tasted Italian food this mouthwatering. After dining at Il Maestro several times, I always find myself so pleasantly surprised about how wonderful the food tastes. The chef incorporates homemade Italian recipes that have been passed down from generations and originated in Italy itself. This place offers generous portions like a genuine Italian restaurant should. I always leave with leftovers and I always look forward to them. Some of my favorites here are the fresh gnocchi, which is made from scratch, the always scrumptious chicken/eggplant parm, the fresh, crispy calamari, the rich and cheesy carbonara (I could just go on and on but I am getting too hungry just typing this!) The homemade dressing is also extremely flavorful and makes the salads taste wonderful if you enjoy salads for your appetizer or meal. And, of course, the desserts are delectable: the tiramisu is also made from scratch and has layers upon layers of yumminess! It's hard for me to decide between that and the chocolate chip cannolis, which are also as delicious as can be! The food is superb and I have yet to find something that comes close. (Yes, there are also options for kids!)

The location is definitely secluded from a lot of the other restaurants on Main St. in Hyannis, but it is certainly beautiful! The atrium part of the restaurant looks out to a ornate water fountain and a flowered courtyard, which would enhance any dining experience. Soothing Jazz (Frank Sinatra fan, anyone?) fills up the place and creates a romantic ambiance. The lovely Napoleon decor resembles that of the restaurants you would find in Southern Italy. It is a wonderful aesthetic experience and makes you feel as if you're dining right in Italy itself!

And to top it off, the service is just so amazing. The staff at Il Maestro are always kind, welcoming, and friendly, and the servers and bartenders know what they're doing. They cater to every customer's need and have yet to make a mistake on my end, even on the busiest of nights. Their knowledge of the menu coupled with their friendliness only extends the one-of-a-kind dining experience that is unique to Il Maestro.

If you're looking for fantastic, authentic Italian food and an exceptional dining experience on the Cape, look no further than Il Maestro!

1  Thank Sophia L

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Serve was good, the waitress offered to take back my meal,however always afraid to send a meal back. atmosphere is nice. We have eaten here several times and always thought the food was exceptional. The last time we ate at Il Maestro was average but thought it was a fluke. Tonight two out of three meals did not measure up to average, in fact they were below average. The peartini tasted awful, shrimp scampi, shrimp was good however, the sauce had no flavor. Eggplant parmesan was good but the tomato sauce lacked flavor. I am really regretting getting friends a gift card from Il Maestro for Christmas. Guess I'll have to apologize. We wont't be back..

1  Thank radtek2013
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Where to start, we were walk in's and the sat us right away. The waitress Renee was so pleasant & great to have as our server. she immediately brought water, Hot bread and oil to the table (I wanted to take the oil to go it was so yummy). We ordered the artichoke appetizer it was delicious. We also ordered a bottle of wine, then for dinner I ordered the chicken parmigiana, and my boyfriend got the ravioli with a meatball. The Sauce was so good I can't wait to go back again, and I'm someone who usually doesn't get sauce out unless on a pizza.

1  Thank Lilpups
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Always loved this restaurant nothing has changed still great!!! Loved the homemade sausage, homemade bread, pasta excellent, thought the Caeser salad was good but a little over priced, everything else I wouldn't change a bit, wish they were open for lunch

Reviewed August 18, 2016

A tour group I had organized was scheduled for dinner at an Italian restaurant in Hyannis. The restaurant we had booked called to report that they had to close temporarily due to a kitchen fire. In a panic, I contacted Il Maestro Ristorante also in Hyannis and the chef-owner Mike could not have been more cooperation or more helpful.. He accommodated our 38 people and provided us with a wonderful meal, with similar choices to what we had originally arranged at the other restaurant. He came to our rescue, and we could not have been more pleased.