“Surprised by the high Tripadvisor ratings”
Review of SeaCoast Inn

SeaCoast Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Disappointed in the accommodations. Although the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful and the price reasonable, the room was not satisfactory. Consequently, I did not feel that the SeaCoast Inn was a good value. I do not expect a room with fancy decor or furniture. A simple, clean room is enough. Unfortunately, the furniture in the room was worn and soiled. In short, the room did not feel clean and inviting.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hello Happy Traveler and I thank you for your review. I'm sorry (and surprised) to hear about the furniture. The owner (David) had recently shown me all kinds of new stuff he's putting in though, and I wasn't aware of the wear. Perhaps what you say was a reason?
Anyway, we take pride in having a clean and non-dusty place, so if you'd like to drop by to simply inspect a room to consider for the next time, you're most welcome (I field that request to many)!

Tommy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I stayed at the Seacoat Inn while visiting my adult daughter. We had a room with two beds. She was staying with me while I was in Hyannis. The room was just ok but reasonable for the price. About 7 PM on the first night the toilet got clogged and wouldn't flush. The plunger in the room didn't help. I reported this to the desk staff and was told he would call the owner. When we came back from dinner I asked about the blockage and was told the manager was two hours away and couldn't help. Their solution was to give us a key to the adjoining room which had a single bed. The idea was we sleep in room 25 and get up when necessary and use the bathroom in room 26.This was not a reasonable solution and we decided to sleep in room 26 although sleeping in the same bed was undesirable and I was told there would be no discount. The desk manager came in a couple of hours later and stated he was able to get the toilet unblocked so we moved back to 25 but it was clear the toilet wasn't working well and I had to plunge frequently and it did get blocked occasionally. Although room 25 was adequate room 26 smelled awful especially in the bathroom which I think reflects a more severe plumbing issue.

I suspect calling a plumber was not an option even though we were no occupying two rooms. Very unsatisfactory. The included breakfast is extremely limited compared to other places and eating breakfast out is always going to the best choice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Hello vrasteve and thank you for your review. I was frustrated in not being able to get to it right away but did eventually get myself (sorry: broken foot) up there. I used the same plunger you said didn't help to plunge it, and it went down fast with little effort. So I'm surprised by what you just now said about continuing problems. (Fortunately, we haven't had any problems with either rooms 25 or 26 either before or after your stay.)
Also: The idea with the two rooms together was so you'd each have a bed and a working toilet - not that I'd be forcing you into one bed (but I'd explained this).
I'd explained too that since you did the business through a booking agent, I can't give discounts on their behalf (the business is between you and them).

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My significant other and I booked a stay for the weekend of Oct 13. The room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Location is very central to shops, restaurants & attractions. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room looked exactly like photos. Water pressure was a bit low, and kitchenette was very tiny, but overall this was a great value. Wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you Merri! Glad the room was up to your expectations and that you found the surrounding area convenient. Yes the kitchenette is only two stove tops (along with every room having a fridge and microwave), but a few rooms don't have the stove tops, so let us know during your reservation if these are needed, gang!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Let’s start by saying this motel was chosen by another member of our party. That said, the circus started when we decided to take a shower. Noticed there was no shower curtain. Went to the office and was offered another room or the opportunity to retrieve a curtain from another room. Manager on duty was polite but couldn’t assist physically as his foot was in a boot thus preventing him from coming upstairs to help. Since our gear was already spread out, I went to a room down the hall to fetch the replacement. My spouse expertly installed the curtain and we were in business. Sidebar: the free shampoo was opened and half full but I guess you have to cut costs somewhere. We also noticed the smoke alarm was hanging down. Don’t know whether it worked or not as we wound up leaving the room for another down the hall when my spouse turned down the bed and found several off color brown spots on the sheet along with a few stray black hairs. We proudly reinstalled our traveling shower curtain in the new room as it was also minus a curtain. Did I mention the glasses in the kitchen were filthy? Bottom line, this place was $110 a night. Guess this is what you get.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for that review Roger, as we deserved it! I asked the lady in charge about this, as I was blown away too. She responded that they'd brought in a new gal to replace someone who'd just left, and it was her first time. I hope this is the first and last of this.

Cheers,

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I booked a stay at the SeaCoast Inn for a couple of nights prior to a trip over to Nantucket. The reason I selected them was that they had a good location close to the HyLine Nantucket ferry terminal. I called and spoke with them about leaving my car overnight in their parking lot while on the island. They said no problem, as it was off season and mid-week our parking there would be fine. When I checked in, I again asked the same question of the desk clerk. He was very nice and professional and said we had permission to leave our car for 3 nights.

He hotel itself was worn and a bit shabby. Our room smelled funky and the only option for air was an old air conditioning unit under the window that was stinky, noisy and blew a burst of freezing air. Even though it was October, the room was still stuffy without the air unit on. The bedding and towels looked like they had been there a long, long time. The chairs in the room were threadbare at the corners and dirty.

Breakfast was in a small room next to lobby. It was mostly old pancakes you could put in the microwave, stale bagels and small flavorless muffins. There were also hard cooked eggs in a bowl and cold cereal in Tupperware containers, cheap orange juice and bananas.

On checking out, we mentioned to the girl at the desk we would be leaving our car as prearranged. She was very nasty and refused to let us leave the car in the lot. We had to rush around and move our car elsewhere before our ferry left, costing us another $50 for parking.

In conclusion, I would not recommend his hotel. One hand does not know what the other is doing. I only selected the SeaCoast because of the parking convenience and they lied about that. Next time I will stay at a nicer and newer place for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello rrayner and I'm very disappointed too... Your request was reasonable considering we had space and have allowed this at the beginning and ending of the seasons. I'm really glad you left a review to let me (and the owner) know about the "very nasty" treatment you say you received. I did mention on the phone that if the space was available it would be okay. I talked with the owner just now and he's decided to cut off all non-stay parking, all season due to this.
On the good side, the owner (David) is going to be replacing many things this year. Bigger TVs, new bedding, and love chairs coming in. New paint too, as I can see some minor stuff showing up lately. The wooden floors and comfort stay though. :^) The orange juice is 100% Wellsley, the pancakes/bagels are frozen fresh, and the muffins are Wellsley as well (blueberry and chocolate chip), though not frozen.
I wish I could take you out to breakfast here on my own, so if you happen to see this before your days on Nantucket are over please let me know?

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located nicely close to the center and a short walk to the pier. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Good value. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Includes place to do laundry. Breakfast was ok with variety of cold foods. Good place to stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your review alonsegs! Yes we're right in between Main street (boutiques and restaurants) and the harbor (restaurants and ferries). Nice to hear about the rooms and staff too. :^) Thank you for checking us out!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Room was clean but dated decor. Good location close to harbor. Major drawback was breakfast. Very limited choice of items. Only hard boiled eggs. No hot item other than coffee.
Bananas and yogurt offered

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Front Office Manager at SeaCoast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Hello TripsAgain and thank you for your review! Yes - we only have hard boiled eggs, toaster items, and cereals on the hot side, as it is only a continental breakfast. It is a good start, but for an omelet and 'tators I like to hit one of the local places, like the Daily Paper or Sunnyside.
The owner is planning on updating much of the decor this year... Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Cheers,
Tommy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
0.6 km away
2.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
1.6 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to SeaCoast Inn? Share your experiences!