All reviews japanese breakfast omelet in town new england stuffed french toast comfortable beds second floor jason hosts home library tour history
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

This was our final stop on an 18-day New England tour which culminated with my son's wedding nearby. We spent 4 nights at Kaede and it couldn't have been more pleasant. From the moment Jason greeted us at the front door, we felt completely welcome and at home...so much better than at a chain motel! Our room was comfortable and pleasingly appointed. The breakfast menu (5 choices) was tasty and prepared to order--but really, you should try the Japanese option. Aesthetically pleasing and so delicious. There are comfortable places to spend some time during the day to read, snack, or just enjoy the breeze through the window overlooking to garden. Prices are very reasonable and the location is very handy to downtown Ipswich. We were blown away by the history and beauty of the area. If we ever had the chance to return, we would not hesitate to stay with Jason and Makiko at Kaede B&B.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed October 17, 2016

This B and B is well situated, close to lots of Ipswich attractions and to the historic center and Green. The B and B is clean, well cared for/maintained, and they serve a delicious breakfast. One can choose a traditional Japanese breakfast or one of the other three or so options. I had buttermilk pancakes and omelettes over the few days I was a guest. The hosts are very hospitable.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I especially liked the beautifully decorated rooms, just as pictured on their website. Kaede BnB has a good location in town and friendly hosts My husband enjoyed the Japanese breakfast while I liked the American option.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Friendly people, but not what we'd expect from a Japanese B&B. Breakfast was ok but a bit stilted and slow.

I found the bedding a little under par, and the pillows far too soft. The room facilities were nice, and it was quiet at night.

Overall they nearly got there, but I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2016

A wonderful B&B, hosted by Jason and Makiko, with their daughter, Azuka, usually somewhere about. Located in a residential area just a short block from downtown Ipswich. Your choice of a Japanese or traditional breakfast is available and either is excellent! We previously stayed at other B&Bs in the area and Kaede far exceeds the others. For the past five years this has been our home away from home when visiting Ipswich.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple