“Clean, Quiet and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Boston, Massachusetts
“Clean, Quiet and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Last week I stayed at America's Best Value Inn for a second time. Again, I am recommending this hotel. The room rate and room quality were great.

The room and bathroom were very clean. The view from the balcony was nice. Wifi worked well. I also liked that the heating/air conditioning unit has a digital temperature control.

The location is close to the Massachusetts Turnpike and is also near Stockbridge. About a mile down the street is a new Big Y supermarket.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank FarAwayTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bennebroek, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Not fancy but good for one or two nights to enjoy The Berkshires.
W've got the spacious room nr 16 which is much bigger than the other rooms. The mattress was a bit weak. The Motel- breakfast is as usual rather limited but the bagels were OK.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frans1608
Dear Frans1608,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our motel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again or at another one of our Inns located across the Country.

Regards-Nalini
Americas Best Value Inn-Lee,MA
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night while traveling through the area. We got a great king room on the second floor for a very good price. It was comfortable, quiet, clean, the WI FI signal was good, there was a refrigerator, and we were very pleased.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M_R_TravelingTwo
Dear MaryandRickTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guestroooms including the WIFI. Word of mouth from customers like you is the most effective advertising.

Americas Best Value Inn-Lee, MA
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here for one night, planning to take in the area's museums. It was clean and quiet, and centrally located to the things we were interested in seeing (Norman Rockwell Museum, Chesterwood and Edith Wharton house).

The rates were very reasonable, and while it wasn't fancy, it was well maintained and clean. We skipped the continental breakfast (just donuts and bagels) and opted to eat at a restaurant instead.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelingPam,

Thank you for sharing your recent comments with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to the local museums. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards-Nalini
Americas Best Value Inn-Lee, MA
Tallahassee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you need to stay somewhere cheap in the Berkshires and don't have a better alternative, this is a fine place, but I wouldn't do it again unless I had to.

PROS:
Cheap (it was like $60 right around fourth of July weekend...just about the most expensive time to stay in the Berkshires).
Quiet.
Staff at the front desk was friendly.
Bed was comfortable.
Micro/fridge.

CONS:
I got into the shower, and there was a giant roach on the inside of the shower curtain. I'm not a wimp...I live in Florida and am accustomed to seeing roaches the size of squirrels. This one was a beast, and I did not enjoy killing it whilst in the nude.

No dust ruffle on the box spring. Just a bare mattress. Not really the end of the world, but kind of ghetto.

Old school TVs. No biggie.

Wifi didn't work for me.

Generally run down: the floor in my room was weirdly uneven, the stairs seemed a little rickety, the carpet in the corners was coming up.

All in all, if you can't afford better, it's not the end of the world for an overnighter or a short stay. If Great Barrington is not too far out of the way for you, I would recommend the Monument Mountain Motel. For around the same price point, the rooms are WAY better and there's a pool. I only stayed here cuz it was booked.

Room Tip: If Great Barrington is not too far out of the way for you, I would recommend the Monument Mountain M...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missmelindam
Dear MissMelindam,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any negative experience you encountered during your stay. Our motel is located in a wooded area close to Lee,MA. We do have a local pest elimination company who treats the rooms routinely. We do provide WIFI internet access in some (but not all) of our rooms. We are also AAA Approved for the past 20 years. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
surrey, england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We weren't expecting anything too much.........just as well.The blankets and covers on the bed were covered in stains . The rooms dark and dank, the towels tiny and almost see through. It advertises free wireless internet, which is untrue, only the rooms next to the reception area receive it. Breakfast is grim, stale donuts!! The man in reception was very difficult to understand, and told us we had a top floor room and then gave us a key to Room 101 (on the ground floor). When I returned and asked if it was possible to be on the top floor he said yes, Room 214 was free and gave me another key, when we arrived there, he had given me the hey for 215. My 2 children thought the bedding was so disgusting, they slept fully clothed. If this is Americas Best, I would hate to see there worst.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank pamela c
Dear Pamela C,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. Regarding the poor linen quality-we do have an agreement with a local linen service company which provides us with fresh, clean linens daily. We do offer WIFI in some (but not all) of our rooms. We have replaced the mattresses in over half of our rooms in the past two years. Also, our property is AAA approved for the past 20 years. We hope that you give us a try again in the future.

Regards,
Nalini
Americas Best Value Inn-Lee MA

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here with my family (two adults + 1 child) on a last minute overnight for work. Picked the hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews and its affordability. Stayed in one of the ground floor rooms with 2 queen beds. As expected for a motel, the room was small (would have been claustrophobic if 4 adults had been staying in the room) and the furnishings were dated. The blankets on the beds had holes on side and the paint was peeling away in part on the bathroom ceiling. However, the room and bathroom were clean, the water in the shower was nice and hot and the AC worked well - essential on a humid evening. The staff were most welcoming and helpful and readily provided us with extra towels. Breakfast was self-serve juice and coffee, plus DD donuts and bagels -- I appreciated that you could toast the bagels. Due to the convenient and relatively quiet location, I would stay here again if I were visiting the Berkshires and just needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MainSt
Dear Main St,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms and free breakfast. We hope to see you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Lee MA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
4.7 km away
2.6 km away
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area
10.1 km away
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stock...
#1 of 1 in West Stockbridge

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!